Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Do buses from Benidorm to Oliva have toilets?

Do buses from Benidorm to Oliva have toilets?

Old Jan 13th 2012, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do buses from Benidorm to Oliva have toilets?

We're looking at trying to use public transport to get from Alicante airport to Oliva (near Gandia) and back again. We can get a bus from Alicante airport to Benidorm (45 minutes) followed by a bus from Benidorm to Oliva which can be over three hours depending on route. I'm no spring chicken and have the old man's problem with needing frequent toilet breaks. Can anyone tell me if the ALSA bus services on those routes have toilets on board?
Old Jan 13th 2012, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do buses from Benidorm to Oliva have toilets?

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad
We're looking at trying to use public transport to get from Alicante airport to Oliva (near Gandia) and back again. We can get a bus from Alicante airport to Benidorm (45 minutes) followed by a bus from Benidorm to Oliva which can be over three hours depending on route. I'm no spring chicken and have the old man's problem with needing frequent toilet breaks. Can anyone tell me if the ALSA bus services on those routes have toilets on board?
I don't know that area, so hope that someone living locally can give you a more definitive answer, but I have found that on ALSA bus services taking more than a couple of hours, there has always been at least a 15 minute "comfort" break either at a bus station along the route, or a convenient hotel/venta. For example, the morning bus service from Velez-Malaga, where I live, to Granada stops for 15 minutes at a hotel/restaurant just past Ventas de Zafaraya so that passengers can get a coffee/use the toilets.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Try the alsa website, it may show the layout of the buses. The last time I used this bus there was no WC, but that was around 10 years ago.
If you haven't booked go via Valencia airport if you can, it's much more convenient.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lynne and Johnny,

Thanks for the speedy replies. I've checked the ALSA website but no layouts of buses. Plenty of info about in-bus entertainment and catering but nowt about any lavvies.

We'd love to be able to use Valencia airport but not possible for us, only carrier in our area is RyanAir and their flight times are a nonsense. We'd arrive into Valencia airport well after ten at night so not a lot of public transport around at that time to get us to Oliva.

Methinks for the time being we'll have to carry on renting cars.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

I was looking at a lot of long distance buses whilst waiting at Plaza de Armas bus station in Sevilla the other day and was surprised how few seemed equipped with a WC.

You might find this useful in emergencies They are designed for pilots of light aircraft but we use them at night when camping in our Land Rover Defender roof tent to save scrambling down the ladder in the middle of the night to have a pee: http://www.transair.co.uk/sp+Little-...le-Urinal+3439 (ladies adapter available).
Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

You know you can get from Alicante to Denia by train dont you? I'm not sure, but there must be a local bus from Denia to Oliva
Old Jan 14th 2012, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You know you can get from Alicante to Denia by train dont you? I'm not sure, but there must be a local bus from Denia to Oliva
The Alicante-Valencia bus stops at Denia, but the train is very slow and without a WC.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Yes, we investigated the Alicante to Denia option but it's more of a tram than a train and we assumed there wouldn't be any toilets. We might be as quick (and have more toilet options) by taking the RENFE train from Alicante to Valencia and then the local service from Valencia to Gandia.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:29 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we investigated the Alicante to Denia option but it's more of a tram than a train and we assumed there wouldn't be any toilets. We might be as quick (and have more toilet options) by taking the RENFE train from Alicante to Valencia and then the local service from Valencia to Gandia.
The trains from Valencia to Gandia are very regular and have toilets. Valencia to Gandia is under €7 return and takes about 50 minutes
Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I once looked into travelling from Valencia to Alicante by train, when we were considering taking a side trip whilst staying in Valencia. I was surprised by how expensive the fares were - a return ticket would have cost more than the Ryanair return flight from Malaga to Valencia!

So if more than one person is travelling, renting a car might be a better option from the financial point of view, as well as comfort breaks!
Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lynn,

I hadn't checked the prices, was only interested in times. But now that I've looked, I see what you mean! By the time we've paid for bus from Alicante airport into Alicante, train to Valencia, train to Gandia, bus or taxi to Oliva and then do it all in reverse, I reckon a hire car is as cheap. Thanks for the tip.