Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

DNIe Electonico ?

DNIe Electonico ?

Old Jan 13th 2019, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

robt23 has a brilliant futurerobt23 has a brilliant futurerobt23 has a brilliant futurerobt23 has a brilliant futurerobt23 has a brilliant futurerobt23 has a brilliant future
Default DNIe Electonico ?

Hello,
Having to care for my elderly mother is difficult , so on learning that you can use your dnie with a card reader was just what i needed ( no more running around the endless Spanish institutions), or so i thought ..!
I bought a sveon card reader , seemed easy to install , download the driver for the card reader and install the root certificate from the Dnielectronico.es and allow all third party cookies.

Of course it never is plain sailing , so on installing all this i place my dni into card reader and nothing happens , no pin request , not even a you correctly installed .

Using windows 10 but i tried on 7 and Linux Ubuntu - no luck.

Has any body had success , if so really would like to know how you got yours to work .

Thanks.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 7:14 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DNIe Electonico ?

Originally Posted by robt23
Hello,
Having to care for my elderly mother is difficult , so on learning that you can use your dnie with a card reader was just what i needed ( no more running around the endless Spanish institutions), or so i thought ..!
I bought a sveon card reader , seemed easy to install , download the driver for the card reader and install the root certificate from the Dnielectronico.es and allow all third party cookies.

Of course it never is plain sailing , so on installing all this i place my dni into card reader and nothing happens , no pin request , not even a you correctly installed .

Using windows 10 but i tried on 7 and Linux Ubuntu - no luck.

Has any body had success , if so really would like to know how you got yours to work .

Thanks.

I'm assuming that both you and your mother have Spanish Nationality as you say you both have DNI's?

Why not install an electronic signature on your/her computer - surely far easier?
Old Jan 14th 2019, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Another way to go is to get a digital certificate from the Spanish Mint ( Real casa de Moneda ) :
Application online : https://www.sede.fnmt.gob.es/es/cert...persona-fisica

Only hassle is you have to go to your local Social Security office to verify your identity before it is finally issued but then is valid on your computer for most online government services.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 3:28 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Another way to go is to get a digital certificate from the Spanish Mint ( Real casa de Moneda ) :
Application online : https://www.sede.fnmt.gob.es/es/cert...persona-fisica

Only hassle is you have to go to your local Social Security office to verify your identity before it is finally issued but then is valid on your computer for most online government services.
... bit like wot I said then ...??

It all depends where you are as I didn't have to go to the INSS. I went straight to the prop office and that was it (province of Valencia)
Old Jan 14th 2019, 4:47 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

There are many places authorised to process the application. I did mine at our town hall.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

robt23 has a brilliant futurerobt23 has a brilliant futurerobt23 has a brilliant futurerobt23 has a brilliant futurerobt23 has a brilliant futurerobt23 has a brilliant future

Hello,

Thanks for all replies . Yes you need a digital certificate to verify that it is you.

Two ways do that , either by software installed onto pc via an application for a code they then send to your email. On receiving the code you then go to your town hall or sub offices they have and as luck has it, have one 5 mins from me.

However, the second method is the one that interests me , the one that does not require your physical presence , enter the dnie.

The dnie allows you to request and download the certificate . Takes a few minutes to do , in theory at least .

I thought i got it working this morning but on verifying to see if everything was ok with the fmnt i got ( error application not working consult your system administrator ). It seems that Mozilla Firefox has to have it`s third party cookies working (which they are), so no luck on that one.

Tomorrow i will go to the town hall sub office with my code and dni so they can confirm my id and email me the certificate.

I am on Firefox quantum 63.0.3 , might go to another issue of ff. If the dnie route could work , would save a hell of a lot of time though .

Just thought someone here has gone through the dnie method.

No worries, many thanks for the pointers.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

We have used the DNIe for access to our bank account. My wife is Spanish, so she has DNI. It was a couple of years ago now, so I may not be remembering all the details, but as I recall, it was pretty easy and straightforward for us: I ordered a simple card reader and when it arrived, I installed the driver according to the instructions, and then it just worked. When we went to log into the online bank account, there was an option to either enter ID and password, or via DNIe. We chose the DNIe method and that took us to another screen which prompted us to insert the DNI in the card reader. Then, voila, we were in.

One suggestion: try a different browser. If your card reader needs Java, it may only work with IE 11.

Good luck.
- Eric S.