DIY book

Old May 13th 2007, 9:38 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIY book

Originally Posted by keithwalters
We did this too with a variety of small electrical items.

But do you know if this would work with an oven too? We still have one from the UK in storage and would like to put it in the new house when we get it.

I´m a bit thick (electrically speaking) and I know that ovens have those big fat cables, not like the skinny hairdryer type cables, so not sure if it will be compatible.
Hi Keith,

You should have no problem with your oven here.

We had a client who insisted on bringing all his electrical stuff from the UK (ovens, dishwashers, dryers, extractor fans.....you get the picture!) and had no problems with connections. The only problem was when they went on the blink.......guarantees were useless!

Martha

Last edited by MnM; May 13th 2007 at 9:50 pm.
Old May 13th 2007, 10:05 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Keith,

You should have no problem with your oven here.

We had a client who insisted on bringing all his electrical stuff from the UK (ovens, dishwashers, dryers, extractor fans.....you get the picture!) and had no problems with connections. The only problem was when they went on the blink.......guarantees were useless!

Martha
That´s okay then. No need for me to worry about the guarantee - that ran out ages ago!
Old May 13th 2007, 10:11 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

That´s okay then. No need for me to worry about the guarantee - that ran out ages ago!
No worries then, except for the cost of transport!

Could probably buy one here cheaper than what it would to bring it over from the UK ......and have a valid guarantee!

Martha
Old May 13th 2007, 10:13 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
No worries then, except for the cost of transport!

Could probably buy one here cheaper than what it would to bring it over from the UK ......and have a valid guarantee!

Martha
We´ve already got it here. It came over with the rest of our stuff 5 years ago (hence the guarantee has run out). It´s just that we never needed it as the house we bought came with an oven, so we kept it stored under the stairs for ages. Just bought another house though so it is finally going to come in useful!
Old May 13th 2007, 10:17 pm
MnM

We´ve already got it here. It came over with the rest of our stuff 5 years ago (hence the guarantee has run out). It´s just that we never needed it as the house we bought came with an oven, so we kept it stored under the stairs for ages. Just bought another house though so it is finally going to come in useful!
You're all set then
Old May 13th 2007, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

I´m a bit thick (electrically speaking) and I know that ovens have those big fat cables, not like the skinny hairdryer type cables, so not sure if it will be compatible.
It depends on how brave you are.
When we had our bathroom done the Spanish builder plugged his Kangol power chisel into our well dodgy, hanging off the wall, speaker wired, held together by sticking plaster etc electric 110V shaver socket.

And proceded to dig up the floor without any misshap

Previously I had never dared touch it, let alone plug anything in to it
Old May 14th 2007, 8:57 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

http://costablanca.angloinfo.com/cou...uildjargon.asp

http://www.spanish-inland-properties...=71&p=16&c=204

These 2 website are useful, they list all sorts of building and well just all sorts,

Just copy and paste the web address and have a look, hope they are of some help.
Luv Eve
Old May 14th 2007, 9:04 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eve

http://costablanca.angloinfo.com/cou...uildjargon.asp

http://www.spanish-inland-properties...=71&p=16&c=204

These 2 website are useful, they list all sorts of building and well just all sorts,

Just copy and paste the web address and have a look, hope they are of some help.
Luv Eve
Brilliant.

Thanks very much

Rosemary
Old May 15th 2007, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

jules63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: DIY book

thanks to everyone for the advice and helpful websites/books suggested - i can see my spanish improving no end - I may not be able to hold much of a conversation but get me talking about building materials there will no stopping me!