Divorcing

Old May 16th 2007, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Question Divorcing

Does anybody know if a couple who were married in the UK but have decided to divorce in Spain, if their divorce is legally recognised in other countries ie the UK.

Old May 16th 2007, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Divorcing

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Does anybody know if a couple who were married in the UK but have decided to divorce in Spain, if their divorce is legally recognised in other countries ie the UK.

Cant answer the question specifically but I do have friends that have married overseas and have divorced in the UK so cant see why it wont work this way round.
Old May 16th 2007, 6:20 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mitzipurr,

Yes the divorce is legal in other countries, but they would have to take the final divorce papers (translated if they are in a foreign language) and inform the appropriate authorities in the UK (or wherever else the marriage took place).

Hope that helps,
Martha

PS...the above is subject to being legally allowed to divorce in a different country to the one you married in.

Last edited by MnM; May 16th 2007 at 6:33 pm.
Old May 18th 2007, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

It depends if the marriage is legally recognised. (I accept you said UK marriage)
But remember those celebs who married abroad in countries were the marriage is not recognised in the uk?

Therefore the reverse must be true.
Old May 19th 2007, 6:14 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
It depends if the marriage is legally recognised. (I accept you said UK marriage)
But remember those celebs who married abroad in countries were the marriage is not recognised in the uk?

Therefore the reverse must be true.
My celeb daughter got married in Mexico and had to get special paperwork for it to be recognized in UK.
Old May 19th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
My celeb daughter got married in Mexico and had to get special paperwork for it to be recognized in UK.
Exactly my point.
Old May 19th 2007, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

are you splitting up then with the wife
Old May 19th 2007, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paddy07
are you splitting up then with the wife
NO the other way round I am afraid.
Old May 19th 2007, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

NO the other way round I am afraid.
Has the wife gone and got her self a new and younger model with more get up and gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo
Old May 19th 2007, 7:27 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Has the wife gone and got her self a new and younger model with more get up and gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo
That wasn't very nice.....in fact, it was downright horrible.
Old May 19th 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MnM
That wasn't very nice.....in fact, it was downright horrible.
just my sense of humor
Old May 20th 2007, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes the grass is greener etc etc:
Old May 20th 2007, 7:09 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Have I just read this right?!
Old May 20th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Have I just read this right?!
Yes again I repeat the grass is greener etc etc. 14 years down the pan
Old May 20th 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Yes again I repeat the grass is greener etc etc. 14 years down the pan
did you do the dirty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.