Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Divorce laywers

Divorce laywers

Old Nov 1st 2009, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice
Question Divorce laywers

I been seperated from my husband for 2 and a half years now, and things were amicable.....but due to the recession, things are going t*ts up,

I need to get a divorce laywer, the divorce will be complicated due to the fact we have 5 properties we are trying to sell (all paid for) there is the house im living in (morgaged, but I was supposed to keep, which I no longer think is going to happen)
No kids involved.

All the property is in his name, but my name is in the escritores? for the ones for sale...

I need a good divorce lawyer, but do I go for one in the UK (where he is now) or a spanish one?...can anyone reccommend a good one, (Costa Blanca / Nottingham ) or had anyone been though the same thing?..

thanks Jen
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:57 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Divorce laywers

Costa Blanca Lawyers were good when they acted for us on an unrelated manner, British, but legal in Spain, and fluent Spanish.
http://www.costablancalawyers.com/
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:39 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest getting a solicitor in the UK. Nowadays, most of it is dealt with by email anyway, and copy emails are permissible as court documents, I have recent experience of it.

The level of solicitor you need would depend on the size of the ‘estate’ involved, the better they are, the more they charge, but if they are sure of their payment they may not charge up-front fees.

You could sue for divorce here in Spain, and your husband could sue for divorce in the UK, and your costs would be horrendous. An amicable solution would save you both a lot of money.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 1:44 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Costa Blanca Lawyers were good when they acted for us on an unrelated manner, British, but legal in Spain, and fluent Spanish.
http://www.costablancalawyers.com/
These will either do the legal bits in Spain or the UK according to their site
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Thank you,
Im going to get all my documents and agreements together this week, and go and see them..
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:10 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxfrecklesxx
Thank you,
Im going to get all my documents and agreements together this week, and go and see them..
SueG who posts on here works for them, send her a pm
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:39 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Lionda
SueG who posts on here works for them, send her a pm
Sue is a very helpful lady...
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you....I will PM her..