Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Direct debit moves?

Direct debit moves?

Old Sep 10th 2021, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Direct debit moves?

Direct debit moves.

I wish to stop my direct debits being paid out by my Sabadell bank account. I instead wish to use my online Wise account. I popped into both the electric supplier and the water supplier's office's. Both of these seemed to accepted the request and appeared to do the nessesary. Now looking at my online Wise acc. No sign of the direct debits show! The question to those of you who have previously gone through this process is, what have I missed out? Do I need to cancel the direct debit at the bank first or what?
Old Sep 11th 2021, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Direct debit moves?

You can stop paying direct debits online with Sabadell.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
Thanks for that, I will give it a try.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 8:19 am
Just Joined

el barto is an unknown quantity at this point

New Direct debits don't usually show up on an account until they have had the first installment taken
Old Sep 11th 2021, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jonboy
Thanks for that, I will give it a try.
Originally Posted by spainrico
I have now tried this online and it requires a Spanish phone number along with my email address. No combination of my UK number is acceptable on the app. I will call in to the bank on Monday with my ID instruct them to do the cancellation. I will also visit the town hall and and arrange for them to request future payments from my WISE account.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

This tells you how to see what dds you have set up
https://wise.com/help/articles/29779...rticle-2977956
Old Sep 13th 2021, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Today I visited the office that deals with council tax and basura. Gave the the Wise Acc. IBAN number but they rejected it! Said it was short of numbers? I later seen a question mark next to the IBAN on the app and after pressing it up popped another 5 digits with a message to say if the person request an account number give them that! Well stuff me but why in the name of Ken Dodd was it not provided in the first place!?