Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Direct debit change is there a simple way

Direct debit change is there a simple way

Old Dec 1st 2021, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Direct debit change is there a simple way

Hi
I don’t live in Spain and my home there is my holiday home, I have had the same bank account for 20 years and I have never stuck my head above the parapet to change much, because if I tinker with anything I usually create a circus!

i decided for the same reasons as many on this site to ditch Sabadell, who let us just be diplomatic and say are disappointing. And go to Wise, so far a wise move, pardon the pun.

we manage to change the easy direct debits internet, electric, community etc. We are left with Guestagua who are providing an issue as seemingly we don’t have a contract, the bill isn’t in my name but we pay by direct debit every 2 months or whatever it is. This one I can tackle as I owned a villa previously and I have the experience to sort this out.

my question is to pay my IBI and Basura, which are both currently on direct debit. I want to change these without spending a day in a queue at the town hall ultimately ending with me not having the correct paperwork, and me getting drunk to calm my nerves and temper,

is there an email contact/easy way of contacting the ibi department and simply changing banks over like I would in the U.K.?

It is Fuengirola town hall, anyone who can help me I would appreciate it.

regards
al
Old Dec 1st 2021, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Direct debit change is there a simple way

You could start on their website :
https://sede.fuengirola.es/portal/se...&codMenuPN=481

Domicilio bancario
Old Dec 1st 2021, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

We think we have done this in the Valencia region by going to the relevant offices with many documents with proof of ID plus ownership. The outcome will be apparent in a few more months. If I had my life to live again I would employ a Gestor and for a bit more money save myself the grief.
Of course the main thing is that I have unshackled my self from Sabadell Bank!

Last edited by jonboy; Dec 1st 2021 at 8:29 pm. Reason: Added the last line.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thanks for your replies, I like your unshackling comment!

The town hall link is very useful and I thought there may be one, and I thank you for pointing me in the right direction...

i read the page and it says that international transfers are not possible, No están previstas. It translates as they are not planned, which I assume is not allowed.

Which leads me to the question does anyone else have experience of paying their IBI via a transfer company like Wise as it is a foreign bank to Spain but not the EU ?

regards
Al

Old Dec 2nd 2021, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre View Post
Hi
Thanks for your replies, I like your unshackling comment!

The town hall link is very useful and I thought there may be one, and I thank you for pointing me in the right direction...

i read the page and it says that international transfers are not possible, No están previstas. It translates as they are not planned, which I assume is not allowed.

Which leads me to the question does anyone else have experience of paying their IBI via a transfer company like Wise as it is a foreign bank to Spain but not the EU ?

regards
Al
No idea but don't people usually pay IBI through the council website rather than setting up direct debit. I usually go on the council payment website, enter reference/amount and pay with my Irish bank card online.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 1:24 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013 View Post
No idea but don't people usually pay IBI through the council website rather than setting up direct debit. I usually go on the council payment website, enter reference/amount and pay with my Irish bank card online.

We have to pay ours via the town hall - we therefore do it via direct debit.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh View Post
We have to pay ours via the town hall - we therefore do it via direct debit.
That's what I mean. I would have thought that every council/town hall allows you to pay online. In your case probably here? http://www3.ontinyent.es:8092/eAdmin/PasarelaPago/ You don't need direct debit.
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

I too have changed to wise with the intention of leaving Unicaja (c€150pa). I cant find anywhere on the Frigiliana town hall website where there is the option of paying IBI online. I recall when i set it up i did so at an office in Nerja - I think, but as i'm not going out for several months do to new visa regs this is not an option. I guess i'm asking if every town hall offers the payment option and if so i just have yo "look harder".

Last edited by frigilianafreddy; Dec 3rd 2021 at 3:32 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Found it! I pay on suma.es not the town hall - i think
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy View Post
Found it! I pay on suma.es not the town hall - i think
I think that covers all the Alicante locations?

https://www.suma.es/oficinas

https://www.suma.es/PortalWeb/locali...html?idioma=en
Old Dec 4th 2021, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Hi All
Thanks for all your replies, it has been very helpful in finding a way through something that seemed an up hill task.

besides learning of a better way of paying my IBI and maybe even being able to get the discount that has always avoided me, by paying once earlier in the year, this post has focused my mind on sorting out my direct debit issues.

Whilst doing so I have learned that some Spanish and French companies do not accept the BE Iban prefix letters (wise) and insist on ES Spanish ones, apparently this is against EU law, and the company in question should be reported.

i tried to change my electric supplier(mine had gone through the roof in price) and the account it is paid from in one foul swoop, Hola luz who are my new chosen supplier would not accept my application via their website because of the BE Iban letters, So I applied via Si compare and it is going through now........but it is food for thought if like me you are trying to ditch your Spanish bank for a more sensible option, like wise who are based in Belgium.

regards
al
Old Dec 4th 2021, 11:23 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre View Post
Hi All
Thanks for all your replies, it has been very helpful in finding a way through something that seemed an up hill task.

besides learning of a better way of paying my IBI and maybe even being able to get the discount that has always avoided me, by paying once earlier in the year, this post has focused my mind on sorting out my direct debit issues.

Whilst doing so I have learned that some Spanish and French companies do not accept the BE Iban prefix letters (wise) and insist on ES Spanish ones, apparently this is against EU law, and the company in question should be reported.

i tried to change my electric supplier(mine had gone through the roof in price) and the account it is paid from in one foul swoop, Hola luz who are my new chosen supplier would not accept my application via their website because of the BE Iban letters, So I applied via Si compare and it is going through now........but it is food for thought if like me you are trying to ditch your Spanish bank for a more sensible option, like wise who are based in Belgium.

regards
al
I changed electricity supplier yesterday (took less than 1 day!) via Si Compare.

They have cheaper companies than Hola Luz now. I chose Gana as they have good customer services and were going to save me over 85€ a month - they also supply green power.
Old Dec 4th 2021, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

i have also encountered problems with friends trying to transfer funds from spanish bank accounts to my wise account - even though i gave them swift and bic details.
Old Dec 6th 2021, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy View Post
i have also encountered problems with friends trying to transfer funds from spanish bank accounts to my wise account - even though i gave them swift and bic details.
They need the IBAN rather than or as well as Swift or BIC - the latter two are the same thing just that some institutions use the name Swift others Bic
Old Dec 7th 2021, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

sorry i gave iban and swift details. both had problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.