Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

different driving rules...?

different driving rules...?

Old Feb 27th 2009, 7:44 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: different driving rules...?

Originally Posted by jdr
The periferique around Paris is the worst place ever to drive.

Having just done a trip to The Netherlands and back we managed to avoid Paris for this reason only to find the traffic around Antwerp just as bad. Four lanes of chaos.

But we have seen some bad and good driving from all nationalities. And in the end our conclusion is No body is perfect.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:55 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Having just done a trip to The Netherlands and back we managed to avoid Paris for this reason only to find the traffic around Antwerp just as bad. Four lanes of chaos.

But we have seen some bad and good driving from all nationalities. And in the end our conclusion is No body is perfect.
The Antwerp and Brussels ring road are hell on earth! But they make you feel alive that's for sure on a knifes edge waiting for a 30 year old truck to not see/care you're there and pull in front of you

Personally I absolutely love driving on the continent as we're so laid back and polite in the UK it makes driving a bore!

If you want a proper driving experience then drive in Germany, best country I've ever visited to drive in as even the 70 year old women have big mercs/bmws and drive properly and fast!

Spain on the other hand you just don't know where you stand... I've been hit by a chicken falling out of a car window before.. Bizarre is not the word!
Old Feb 27th 2009, 7:56 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

apart from the "anything goes" roundabouts, I find the way the spanish always HAVE to overtake, doesnt matter if its a blind bend, a mountain track, next to a "no overtaking sign" or just before they´re about to turn off, they just cant help themselves!

Jo x
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
Yes lived from the age of 2 until we came here
that's where we lived in the uk! so, how did you like it?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel

Spain on the other hand you just don't know where you stand... I've been hit by a chicken falling out of a car window before.. Bizarre is not the word!

please tell us the story!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by featherbum
that's where we lived in the uk! so, how did you like it?
Didn't know any different - grew up there, married there, had Son there and family still all live there! Where did you live and work?
Old Feb 28th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SueG
Didn't know any different - grew up there, married there, had Son there and family still all live there! Where did you live and work?
I worked all over the place (got easily bored of jobs and tried a million different 'careers' lol, then studied in swindon college and Reading uni for my degree....I lived in town and old town then me and mr FB bought a house (which we still own and rent out) off northern road.

I tell u what i still miss from there, longs bar and mckenzies haha!

how about you, where did u work and live?
xx
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by featherbum
I worked all over the place (got easily bored of jobs and tried a million different 'careers' lol, then studied in swindon college and Reading uni for my degree....I lived in town and old town then me and mr FB bought a house (which we still own and rent out) off northern road.

I tell u what i still miss from there, longs bar and mckenzies haha!

how about you, where did u work and live?
xx
Grew up in Walcot - Frobisher Drive - then when we were were married had houses in Freshbrook, Stratton St Margaret and lastly Abeymeads. Worked in local Solicitors for about 34 plus years, the last one being Lemon & Co.

When I came to Spain I was never going to work in law again and now I spend my time doing English Wills, Divorces and Probates. Some things never change!