Did you know?

Old Aug 28th 2005, 2:30 pm
What mysterious smile?

La Joconde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Did you know?

Did you know that the pipes used to connect bottle of gas here in Spain, all have printed on them a date, which indicates the lifespan of the pipe. I think the colour also refers to the year of fabrication.

Apparently if the pipe was out of date, while an incident occured it wouldnt be covered by insurance. (This was confirmed by our gas bottle supplier)

We found out totally by chance while cleaning.

Last edited by La Joconde; Aug 28th 2005 at 2:59 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Did you know?

Thankyou Jaconda for that piece of info!
We have 3 gas bottles knocking about our place.....one in the kitchen for the cooker and two outside for the hot water heater......I don't have a clue how long they've been there as there is only a bit of gas in each one. I will look into changing the conectors if need be, next time we're over there in October.
Mary
Old Aug 30th 2005, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Did you know?

Originally Posted by maryg
Thankyou Jaconda for that piece of info!
We have 3 gas bottles knocking about our place.....one in the kitchen for the cooker and two outside for the hot water heater......I don't have a clue how long they've been there as there is only a bit of gas in each one. I will look into changing the conectors if need be, next time we're over there in October.
Mary

I have been informed that you must change the Orange gas pipes every five years, so that the pipes dont go brittle and leak gas.

Be very careful as there is a scam with very offical men dressed as Cespa with offical forms who come knocking at your door claiming to be from Cespa and want to service your gas lines and check your instalation, you let them in and they do some work on your gas line and then charge you anything from 70 euros to 300 euros, these men are frauds Cespa do not send anyone out adhock the only way a gas man will call is if YOU nask for a service, be very aware.

David
Old Aug 31st 2005, 2:30 pm
What mysterious smile?

La Joconde is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by countryboy
I have been informed that you must change the Orange gas pipes every five years, so that the pipes dont go brittle and leak gas.

Be very careful as there is a scam with very offical men dressed as Cespa with offical forms who come knocking at your door claiming to be from Cespa and want to service your gas lines and check your instalation, you let them in and they do some work on your gas line and then charge you anything from 70 euros to 300 euros, these men are frauds Cespa do not send anyone out adhock the only way a gas man will call is if YOU nask for a service, be very aware.

David
Funny you would mention this, because, last week we had an "Inspector" del gas industrias, he said that he wanted to inspect our gas connection, and asked for Euros 77, we refused to let him "inspect" and said that we would speak with our builder as he was the one who arranged for the installation, and it was his responsibility. The "inspector" gave us his office number, which is a mobile(!), our builder called him and told him to leave us alone, obviously very determined, he came back on Friday, we told him, as politely as possible where to go, explaining that we had not requested an inspection and that if we needed one we would call the Gas Company's head office in Murcia! He went very reluctantly.

His "uniform" was grey, grey casual shirt and slacks.
About 5'9 tall, very short haircut, grey-ish hair, early 50's.

He has some sort of ID card with pink background, quite unreadable.

No gas company Logo. Driving a small white van with no markings.

Beware!

Last edited by La Joconde; Aug 31st 2005 at 2:35 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2005, 7:21 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by La Joconde
Did you know that the pipes used to connect bottle of gas here in Spain, all have printed on them a date, which indicates the lifespan of the pipe. I think the colour also refers to the year of fabrication.

Apparently if the pipe was out of date, while an incident occured it wouldnt be covered by insurance. (This was confirmed by our gas bottle supplier)

We found out totally by chance while cleaning.
Just read your post as I have just joined the forum. This is standard on boats in the UK, and here it is ok for one to replace the pipe on one's own boat, but you should be CORGI registered to do it on anyone else's. I have also heard that any insurance claim can be nulled if they find an out of date pipe, but have not coma across anyone this has happened to. The validity is 5 years from date of manufacture, and one often sees very old pipes for sale in chandlers.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

If you look at early posts on this fourm you will see warnings about this sort of thing all over Spain.

These warnings are printed in the English Papers here in Spain ie Costa Blanca News, every year so be on your guard