Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

DHL Deliveries ?

DHL Deliveries ?

Old Dec 12th 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

neilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really nice
Default DHL Deliveries ?

DHL attempted to deliver a parcel to my home yesterday according to their tracking facility on their website. No message was left at my house to say delivery had been attempted ( we were out at the time).
What happens next .... do they attempt to redeliver ? or can we collect from a local depot or do they use Spanish postal service for the last leg?

Thanks
Old Dec 12th 2009, 10:44 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of
Default Re: DHL Deliveries ?

We have deliveries from them all the time.
Have you asked the neighbours if they have it ?

They will probably try again on the next working day.
If not ( & I would do it anyway) Look up the phone number for the local depot or even the main Hub & ask then. You obviously have the tracking number.
For future reference, we always have a mobile phone number put on the address label. If they then turn up when we are not in they do call & ask if we want it left somewhere else or what we want to do. Also useful for giving them directions

Sometimes they phone first thing in the morning to check that someone will be in.

May be we are lucky & have a good team here, but we get a good service from them.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DHL Deliveries ?

Originally Posted by neilwturner
DHL attempted to deliver a parcel to my home yesterday according to their tracking facility on their website. No message was left at my house to say delivery had been attempted ( we were out at the time).
What happens next .... do they attempt to redeliver ? or can we collect from a local depot or do they use Spanish postal service for the last leg?

Thanks
You could call them and ask when it will be out for delivery again or to let you pick it up at their stores.

I get a lot of things from abroad and some of it comes with DHL, my experiance is that some companies are good and others seemingly have no interest in getting the package to you, also depends to the delivery man although I find the better companies seem to have more friendly and helpful delivery people. What I do is always give my mobile number to the people who are sending the goods and ask them to forward it onto the delivery company. When this happens and I am not in I find they generally call me when there is no answer of they can't find the address... but like I say, some companies and their delivery people are rubbish while some other are great, as it happens DHL I have found no problems with in the Fuengirola (Malaga area) area depot