Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Dentist recommendation Elda ?

Dentist recommendation Elda ?

Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough
Default Dentist recommendation Elda ?

Can anyone recommend a dentist in the Elda/Sax/Villena area please?
Old Oct 5th 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Debrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dentist recommendation Elda ?

Make sure they have a colegio number and they have they the correct equipment...
Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Debrina
Make sure they have a colegio number and they have they the correct equipment...
I don't suppose I am allowed to name and shame but let me share my experience.

I broke a large filling which I knew would most likely require a crown.

1st visit inspection and x ray. 30 minutes late and 30 Euros
2nd visit Hygienist 30 minutes late 43 Euros
3rd visit 30 minutes late. I asked about the treatment and eventually discovered that the dentist was proposing 5 brand new fillings and 2 crowns. When asked about price he was very evasive. We agreed a knockdown rate of 600 Euros for 2 crowns, (starting from 800 Euros) but he was reluctant to start. Eventually he revealed that unexpected complications (like root canal work) could double the cost. It took me another 15 minutes to convince him I just needed a repair to my broken filling. He agreed but tried to anaesthetise the opposite side. Again when questioned he wanted to put fillings in teeth previously unfilled and do the repair at a later date. Another 10 minute conversation and I finally got my repair. A hastily smeared blob of amalgam across two teeth. Cost 100 Euros.
Total cost 173 Euros and I now have to seek more treatment because I cannot floss the gap.

Obviously I am prepared to accept the language-cultural thing but this really was low grade treatment and hardly the price that I was led to believe.

Can anyone comment on the reluctance to discuss prices? Or indeed give me their experience of prices.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

I won't keep pushing this but, do none of you use dentists in Spain?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 1:39 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I must say I feel very strongly about this going off topic for a moment,My three dogs went into the vet for simple crowns to their teeth as its all the rage in Hollywood now, Anyway I am in the middle of a huge court case against the vet for damages at the moment and the fact my three girls will not be seen out in public because of the embarrassment they feel. I attach a piccy to show just what happens when they smile.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:28 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

There is a list here that may be worth a little reserch to check if they are qualified to the required standards.As you know most dental work is private here in Spain. Good luck in your search.

http://www.antoniosala.com/ingles/default.htm
http://www.paginasamarillas.es/resul...ombo&site=paol