British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Dental Treatment costs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/dental-treatment-costs-683343/)

La Joconde Aug 30th 2010 1:28 pm

Dental Treatment costs

Do you find the cost of dental treatment is expensive here in Spain?

How much should a replacement of a small filling cost?

I think I have been deedled!

Awaiting feed-back with interest. Thank you.

St. John Aug 30th 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Dental Treatment costs

In one word - exorbitant.

Rotor Aug 30th 2010 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by St. John (Post 8813424)
In one word - exorbitant.

Change your dentist ,Spain is generally half the UK price and one third of what Scandanavians are usually paying:thumbsup:

My last filling was 40 euro.:thumbsup:

St. John Aug 30th 2010 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Rotor (Post 8813440)
Change your dentist ,Spain is generally half the UK price and one third of what Scandanavians are usually paying:thumbsup:

Easier said than done. We only have one dentist and then only on Thursday evenings. I broke a front tooth and had to have a crown - 650 Euros, 6 weeks and a great deal of pain AT the dentist as she used some sort of anaesthetic apparently derived from eye of newt, ear of bat etc.

snikpoh Aug 30th 2010 2:21 pm

I used to think it was expensive but a friend who arrived in Spain at the beginning of the year, says the prices are VERY similar now.

VFR Aug 30th 2010 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Rotor (Post 8813440)

Yes the same here & they will give you time to pay (if you live local) for a big bill.

jdr Aug 30th 2010 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by St. John (Post 8813461)
Easier said than done. We only have one dentist and then only on Thursday evenings. I broke a front tooth and had to have a crown - 650 Euros, 6 weeks and a great deal of pain AT the dentist as she used some sort of anaesthetic apparently derived from eye of newt, ear of bat etc.

175 €`s here for a crown, everything else is also cheaper than NHS in UK.

La Joconde Aug 31st 2010 6:30 am

Thanks to all for your comments.

I dont feel too bad, I was charged 50 euros! The dentists are a married couple Anglo-Spanish, they speak perfect English. Couldnt go to another dentist as both the Spanish ones were closed for the whole of August!! But once they are opened (this week) I will pop in and ask them how much for just teeth cleaning and check up. Will let you know.

As most people are saying everything is expensive here now.

shellou Aug 31st 2010 7:07 am

I pay around 40 euros for check up and clean. Checked with a few other dentists beforehand and it seems to be the going rate

paintermujer Aug 31st 2010 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by La Joconde (Post 8815285)
Thanks to all for your comments.

I dont feel too bad, I was charged 50 euros! The dentists are a married couple Anglo-Spanish, they speak perfect English. Couldnt go to another dentist as both the Spanish ones were closed for the whole of August!! But once they are opened (this week) I will pop in and ask them how much for just teeth cleaning and check up. Will let you know.

As most people are saying everything is expensive here now.

We get charged 50 euros for a filling too and its the same price for children.