Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Dental Treatment costs

Dental Treatment costs

Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:28 pm
What mysterious smile?

La Joconde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dental Treatment costs

Do you find the cost of dental treatment is expensive here in Spain?

How much should a replacement of a small filling cost?

I think I have been deedled!

Awaiting feed-back with interest. Thank you.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

St. John is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dental Treatment costs

In one word - exorbitant.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St. John
In one word - exorbitant.
Change your dentist ,Spain is generally half the UK price and one third of what Scandanavians are usually paying

My last filling was 40 euro.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

St. John is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rotor
Change your dentist ,Spain is generally half the UK price and one third of what Scandanavians are usually paying

Easier said than done. We only have one dentist and then only on Thursday evenings. I broke a front tooth and had to have a crown - 650 Euros, 6 weeks and a great deal of pain AT the dentist as she used some sort of anaesthetic apparently derived from eye of newt, ear of bat etc.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:21 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

I used to think it was expensive but a friend who arrived in Spain at the beginning of the year, says the prices are VERY similar now.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:31 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor

Yes the same here & they will give you time to pay (if you live local) for a big bill.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St. John
Easier said than done. We only have one dentist and then only on Thursday evenings. I broke a front tooth and had to have a crown - 650 Euros, 6 weeks and a great deal of pain AT the dentist as she used some sort of anaesthetic apparently derived from eye of newt, ear of bat etc.
175 €`s here for a crown, everything else is also cheaper than NHS in UK.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 6:30 am
What mysterious smile?

La Joconde is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all for your comments.

I dont feel too bad, I was charged 50 euros! The dentists are a married couple Anglo-Spanish, they speak perfect English. Couldnt go to another dentist as both the Spanish ones were closed for the whole of August!! But once they are opened (this week) I will pop in and ask them how much for just teeth cleaning and check up. Will let you know.

As most people are saying everything is expensive here now.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

shellou will become famous soon enough

I pay around 40 euros for check up and clean. Checked with a few other dentists beforehand and it seems to be the going rate
Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La Joconde
Thanks to all for your comments.

I dont feel too bad, I was charged 50 euros! The dentists are a married couple Anglo-Spanish, they speak perfect English. Couldnt go to another dentist as both the Spanish ones were closed for the whole of August!! But once they are opened (this week) I will pop in and ask them how much for just teeth cleaning and check up. Will let you know.

As most people are saying everything is expensive here now.
We get charged 50 euros for a filling too and its the same price for children.