Demolition

Old Sep 23rd 2016, 10:27 am
Just Joined

rangela36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Demolition

Hi,
I don't know if anyone else as had one of these or not, we live on a small urbanization with no president in our area all the houses have extended up and out with out planning permission, so did we.

Unfortunately we got denounced, so we now have our 3rd and final warning for us demolish our extension and wall.

We know that we did wrong in doing this but it seems everyone should be treated the same. We went to meet with the architect at the town hall and they say that you will be fined which will later then you will go into a demolition room where they have thousands of cases like ours if after 15
years they have not demolished you get to keep it, this was the architects words.

I must add that we did up date our deeds with the extension and wall on, to which she said this would be stopped, we have no way of finding out if this did get stopped or not, we are also baffled as to how they can take 5000 euros to change our deeds and nothing as changed.

I am just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation.

Kind regards Angela
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 1:35 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Demolition

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 5:46 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rangela36
Hi,
I don't know if anyone else as had one of these or not, we live on a small urbanization with no president in our area all the houses have extended up and out with out planning permission, so did we.

Unfortunately we got denounced, so we now have our 3rd and final warning for us demolish our extension and wall.

We know that we did wrong in doing this but it seems everyone should be treated the same. We went to meet with the architect at the town hall and they say that you will be fined which will later then you will go into a demolition room where they have thousands of cases like ours if after 15
years they have not demolished you get to keep it, this was the architects words.

I must add that we did up date our deeds with the extension and wall on, to which she said this would be stopped, we have no way of finding out if this did get stopped or not, we are also baffled as to how they can take 5000 euros to change our deeds and nothing as changed.

I am just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation.

Kind regards Angela
Hola

I have three friends who are in similar position although not in an urbanisation. Here after six years without the alteration / extension being noticed, it is accepted that it will be allowed under time limitation.

However, once someone makes a denuncia the council has to act but as I understand it, the denuncia has to be renewed every year.

The above could be local law rather than national law - you need a good lawyer

Davexf
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 5:54 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

A friend built a bedroom on his roof terrace (on an urbanisation) making it a three storey building which is totally prohibited in that area. He had a large fine and a demolition order was issued. That was 10 years ago and nothing has happened since. However the order remains on file and if he ever tries to sell it, it will resurface when the usual searches are done and it could affect the sale.

That said, there are plenty of Russians around who would be prepared to buy it and take the risk - at the right price.