Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Delayed flight compensation

Delayed flight compensation

Old Dec 8th 2012, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

neilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really nice
Default Delayed flight compensation

My wife was delayed on a Monarch flight from Gib to Manchester yesterday by 3 hours 20 minutes .... No explanation given by Monarch. ..
Anybody successfully claimed compensation under the latest European law?
Advice please.
Thanks
Old Dec 8th 2012, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delayed flight compensation

Originally Posted by neilwturner
My wife was delayed on a Monarch flight from Gib to Manchester yesterday by 3 hours 20 minutes .... No explanation given by Monarch. ..
Anybody successfully claimed compensation under the latest European law?
Advice please.
Thanks
Weather related? My friend´s flight to Gib was diverted to Malaga yesterday due to weather.

I have a claim in with BA for 5 hr delay waiting to hear. Don´t hold out much hope as it was weather related but hoping for expenses at least.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

neilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really nice

Flight was over 2 hours late in .... No explanation given by check in ... No explanation given during flight. Overheard comment that planes had to be changed. Flight was showing 80 min delay from early that morning.... So I am not convinced weather was the reason.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Gib is notorious for this. Just put a claim in and see what happens.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I was returning from Scotland (Edinburgh) to London on Friday. My flight was delayed for nearly 4 hours. Apparently it was down to the weather conditions in Amsterdam where my 'plane was coming in from.
Once the 'planes get out of position it has a knock-on effect on the timetable.
If you are very lucky they rustle up a replacement.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I was returning from Scotland (Edinburgh) to London on Friday. My flight was delayed for nearly 4 hours. Apparently it was down to the weather conditions in Amsterdam where my 'plane was coming in from.
Once the 'planes get out of position it has a knock-on effect on the timetable.
If you are very lucky they rustle up a replacement.
And if you are very lucky the replacement is not Turkish Airlines, we once got those after a four hour delay, and it was so dire that our cabin staff hid behind the curtain for the entire flight.

The Turkish crew came round selling drinks....only cans of beer, served from a cardboard box.

It's the only flight I've ever been on where not one person spoke the entire time, you could have heard a pin drop!
Old Dec 9th 2012, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by megmet
And if you are very lucky the replacement is not Turkish Airlines, we once got those after a four hour delay, and it was so dire that our cabin staff hid behind the curtain for the entire flight.

The Turkish crew came round selling drinks....only cans of beer, served from a cardboard box.

It's the only flight I've ever been on where not one person spoke the entire time, you could have heard a pin drop!
That´s a brilliant description Megmet and Turkish cigarettes?