Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Old Mar 25th 2013, 7:05 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
Hooray, I've finally made my Modelo 720 declaration
And Ive just completed Modelo 210's for the wife and I
End of story
Old Mar 25th 2013, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

the local gestor only charged €15
Much lower than the possibe tax bill which may eventually be applied...
Old Mar 25th 2013, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

normaneddey is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just phoned my tax people and the woman say the hacienda now are asking for the opening dates of the bank accounts you have.T
Old Mar 25th 2013, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

normaneddey is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just spoken to my tax people and the woman tells me you have to enter the date of starting all bank accounts;some of mine go back decades.They did not put that on my form but now say it is a requisite:more work!!
Old Mar 25th 2013, 11:21 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by normaneddey
I've just phoned my tax people and the woman say the hacienda now are asking for the opening dates of the bank accounts you have.T
That was always a requirement. It clearly states it in the guidance that was issued right at the start.

What you mean is that your "tax people" haven't a clue what they are doing.

Why does that not surprise me?
Old Mar 26th 2013, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

date of starting all bank accounts
Yet more crass lunacy from hacienda. They really haven't a clue! Why not just say "estimate if date unknown".

Had they been doing their job and collecting tax, stopping black money, making folks who stay over 183 days pay some tax, getting holiday home owners to pay rental tax etc etc, they wouldn't have to go back to class "tax 101".

It's quite unbelievable that this can happen outside of a 3rd world country!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy
Much lower than the possibe tax bill which may eventually be applied...
I already declare the interest with my IRPF returns! It is peanuts these days, barely enough to keep a girl in G&T.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough

Declaración complementaria por inclusión de datos

Declaración sustitutiva

Número identificativo de la declaración anterior

All you clever glogs out there. I have nearly finished mine! but dont know what the above is for ie Declaraction complementaria por inclusion de datos or Declaracion sustitutive. I am only declaring a property I have in the UK an not sure if I am required to fill this in. I have no idea what identification number they are talking about. Any ideas Its too bad I am only 227 euros over the 50,000 euro mark so have to fill it in
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by normaneddey
I've just spoken to my tax people and the woman tells me you have to enter the date of starting all bank accounts;some of mine go back decades.They did not put that on my form but now say it is a requisite:more work!!
Do you mean all bank accounts whether they have 50,000 in or not!!
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:52 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't have a total of over 50000 in all your bank accounts you don't declare them. If you did have over 50000 you would have to declare each one separately.

As for your previous post, you only fill in this section if it is not your first declaration and you are filing a complementary declaration or a substitute.

Last edited by Fred James; Mar 27th 2013 at 11:47 pm. Reason: Further clarification.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

sunnysmiley is an unknown quantity at this point

What if you were not a fiscal resident (had been advised not to submit a tax
form because you would not have tax to pay) and are now resident in the
UK?
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sunnysmiley
UK?
Then you forget it. They have no records on you and they will never have because you are now in UK. I suppose its conceivable that they could track you down, but they have shown little capability in the past.

However you are sadly mistaken on one point.
YOU WERE A FISCAL RESIDENT
if you were domiciled in Spain over 183 days - whether you submitted tax forms or not is comppletely irrelevant to your legal tax status.

It's like all the Brits in our part of spain. They say they're tax "non residents". Unfortunately they are, but they're simply breaking the law.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:14 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

UK?
That's exactly what I am doing. I wasn't resident in Spain last year because we were forced to stay in the UK for more than 183 days. So instead of a tax return here, we have submitted non resident tax returns (one each) on Modelo 210

By the way, a lot of Gestors tell you not to submit a tax return if your income is under the allowances, but at the end of the day it is important that you do.

So, if you have a property in Spain but are UK tax residents, you still have to submit modelo 210, and you have to pay tax on any rentals as well
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

sunnysmiley is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that but could they not trace us from our passport numbers
which the Bank would have or the NIE numbers ? Also when we closed the
account there wse transferred the balance back to our UK bank.
They held on to interest (peanuts) which we had accrued.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:15 pm
Senior Moment

Thanks for that but could they not trace us from our passport numbers
which the Bank would have or the NIE numbers ? Also when we closed the
account there wse transferred the balance back to our UK bank.
They held on to interest (peanuts) which we had accrued.
Yes ... whats the concern here though?
That you didnt submit tax returns for years or that you dont want to submit non resident returns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.