Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Old Jun 10th 2013, 10:11 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
But only if the cap fits...
And in your opinion does the cap fit in skyway99 case?
Old Jun 10th 2013, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

No opinion. Each to his/her conscience.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 10:24 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
No opinion. Each to his/her conscience.
Good answer, very British, the one from most Spanish would be along the lines of "do unto hacienda before hacienda does unto you.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
Also the people who are thinking along those lines that I know of, are also wanting to say Q:LD to hacienda, as a form of protesting.
Yes fully agree with that and the warm glow inside from your last comment
Old Jun 10th 2013, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by me me
Good answer, very British, the one from most Spanish would be along the lines of "do unto hacienda before hacienda does unto you.
I follow my own concience, not along tribal lines always have done.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fred James
You, like a lot of people, were not aware of the asset declaration until the deadline passed.

Hacienda did not exactly try to contact all tax residents to tell them about it and if you didn't read the expat press or read forums like this you probably would not be aware of it.

The fines for non declaration are enormous and unfortunately the fines for late declaration are also pretty steep.

I would be inclined to talk to a decent Gestor - they often can negotiate good deals with the tax people or alternatively go to the local Hacienda office and see if they will be sympathetic.
I wonder whether it is worth waiting a while, if lawyers have enough clients who have not declared they might persuade hacienda to allow late filing given that it is the first year. A question of weighing up the risks.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 9:59 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

According to this article 95% who hold assets abroad have not declared.

http://www.surinenglish.com/20130612...306121321.html
Old Jun 14th 2013, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jackytoo
According to this article 95% who hold assets abroad have not declared.

http://www.surinenglish.com/20130612...306121321.html
There's a surprise and I bet more English have declared than any other nationality. What a brainless piece of legislation it was, if they have any hope of getting more info in they will have to have another one of their infamous amnesties on the fines. But the they have the few that did declare to work on !
Old Jun 14th 2013, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Taken from the SUR article:
He says: “It’s forecast that the government will seek to focus more on foreign residents in Spain, especially those from the US and those from EU member states.”

So can we read that has, try and screw Johnny Foreigner over as much as we can and lay of our own people that vote ?
Old Jun 14th 2013, 12:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
He says: “It’s forecast that the government will seek to focus more on foreign residents in Spain, especially those from the US and those from EU member states.”

So can we read that has, try and screw Johnny Foreigner over as much as we can and lay of our own people that vote ?
I'm sure I never intimated that before in this thread
Old Jun 14th 2013, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bobd22

I read the article as they will focus on the 95% who haven't declared. Much more lucrative than focusing on the people who have declared, most of whom will probably have been reporting the income on the assets they declared, if not all of it, then most of it.

I heard on the radio the other day that the cost of the black economy and undeclared income is estimated at around €2,000 per person per annum.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 12:14 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CapnBilly
I read the article as they will focus on the 95% who haven't declared. Much more lucrative than focusing on the people who have declared, most of whom will probably have been reporting the income on the assets they declared, if not all of it, then most of it.

I heard on the radio the other day that the cost of the black economy and undeclared income is estimated at around €2,000 per person per annum.
But what about those that said it wasn't aimed at foreign residents, only mainly at Spanish Nationals?? This article seems to give the impression that its the other way around
Old Jun 14th 2013, 12:29 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Agree. The ones who have declared will be the ones with nothing to hide anyway.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jimenato
Agree. The ones who have declared will be the ones with nothing to hide anyway.
I would not disagree that those that have declared will have nothing to hide, mind one can assume that those that haven't have something to hide but that may not actually be the case, they may consider it a private and personal matter if they owe no taxes, or indeed as has come out from posts here not been aware.
The quote which I copied directly from the article does say intend to focus more on Foreign residents in Spain. So as far as I read from that there is no need to make any assumption on that, unless the article has misquoted.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 1:46 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

That's how I read it.

If they had only 131000 declarations (some but not many would be Spanish) then with over 2.6 million foreigners in the country with a very high chance of them owning foreign assets it's a no-brainer to go after the nearly 2.5 million that didn't declare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.