Decking

Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

andrews29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Decking

Hi Everyone we live inland from benidorm and need to buy a large amount of decking can anyone recommend a good company that is local. thanks... Lyn
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:43 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Decking

Originally Posted by andrews29
Hi Everyone we live inland from benidorm and need to buy a large amount of decking can anyone recommend a good company that is local. thanks... Lyn
Hi Lyn, sorry I can't help you with where to find a supplier near you but what I can say wood is really expensive in Spain, at least it is in the Cadiz area. Welcome to the forum hopefully someone will be able to help you more than me.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:01 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

crispy, where are you in the Cadiz area? We are near Vejer de la Fra, and like you say, wood is very, very dear. There's a good place near Conil, Nebreas Madera it's called.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by bil
crispy, where are you in the Cadiz area? We are near Vejer de la Fra, and like you say, wood is very, very dear. There's a good place near Conil, Nebreas Madera it's called.

Are you flirting bil or do you just want to talk wood.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:22 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

No, sorry, I was just curious.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by bil
No, sorry, I was just curious.
Joke bil, joke not all like RM.....I live in, dare I say it you may want to wash your hands of me when I say...........CHICLANA. Not far from Sancti Petri/La Barrosa. Have a lovely little homestead there, I like Vejer but it is a little bit on the hilly side for these old knees, it gives me vertigo; we walked all around the outside of the town a few weeks ago had to go to bed for a couple of days to recover. I know the wood place you are talking about although we have never had the need to use it.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:33 pm
bil
Banned

Chiclana is a bit of a maze. There is a lovely seafood restaurant there, and a section of housing that always makes me think of Alice in Wonderland. The houses are all tucked in under the pines. Do you know the bit I mean?

Vejer is a bit hilly, I agree, but that's supposed to be healthy if your knees can take it. That, Conil and Medina Sidonia make a triangle of beautiful white hilltop towns.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:34 pm
bil
Banned

There's a great garden centre next to the wood place with an amazing selection of fruit trees.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by bil
Chiclana is a bit of a maze. There is a lovely seafood restaurant there, and a section of housing that always makes me think of Alice in Wonderland. The houses are all tucked in under the pines. Do you know the bit I mean?

Vejer is a bit hilly, I agree, but that's supposed to be healthy if your knees can take it. That, Conil and Medina Sidonia make a triangle of beautiful white hilltop towns.

No sorry bil not sure where you are talking about, do you mean in Chiclana town it self, there are a couple of good fish restaurants in the area, that's the trouble we are spoilt for choice.

Originally Posted by bil
There's a great garden centre next to the wood place with an amazing selection of fruit trees.
We go to the garden centre quite often, just to have a look around, we have bought a few plants there in the past. Have you been to the big one that has open in Chipiona, it is so much better than the local ones; closes at 2pm until 4pm for lunch. We drive into Chipiona and have lunch along the sea front and they go back and have another couple of hours there before having a slow drive back home, they also have a much needed bar there as well.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:10 pm
bil
Banned

The wonderland stuff was on one of the main streets, but as to where.....

Where is the garden centre in Chipiona? The San fiacre one next to Nebreas is small, but has an enormous variety. I got an amazing dark nectarine tree from there, massive flavour, strong sugar and acidity, flesh like meat and juice like blood. The damn tree fruited once and died. I got the only other one there they had, but as yet haven't dared to let it fruit. This year I might let it bear a few just to see. I bought some others, but they haven't fruited yet, only had them six months, the centre took two years to get them in! They are a different variety, but who knows.

I've brought out some English plums and a couple of plumcots. It will be interesting to see what they are like. I just wish to god I had the acreage to run some experimental crosses!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:05 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrews29
Lee Roy Merlins sell decking very reasonably, there is one in Alicante I believe.

Rosemary
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:14 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
Joke bil, joke not all like RM.....
Do you just wander around finding people to insult me to?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Do you just wander around finding people to insult me to?

Is no where safe from you.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:35 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
Is no where safe from you.
Not likely, so long as there are people to annoy, there will be Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrugbymatt!!!!