Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Day Trip to Morocco

Day Trip to Morocco

Old Aug 22nd 2009, 5:45 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all
Default Day Trip to Morocco

Last went to Tangier 34 years ago - thought it was dreadful, got bad food poisioning - and swore I would never go back.

One of my kids is asking if we can go for a day trip, sometime.

Anybody here done this for a day? Is it worth getting a guide? Is a couple of days better?

What I am really hoping for is it has not improved over the years and I have got a good excuse still
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:24 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day Trip to Morocco

One day would have been more than enough for my wife. She was quite upset by the abject poverty.

We had never seen donkeys and carts alongside so many Porsche Cayennes before we went to Marrakech.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

A long time ago now but in tangiers my dad was asked if hed like to swap my mum for some camels.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

Originally Posted by paintermujer
A long time ago now but in tangiers my dad was asked if hed like to swap my mum for some camels.

...and with hindsight, that might not have been a bad thing after all?

Would the morroccan chap reconsider?
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painterhombre
...and with hindsight, that might not have been a bad thing after all?

Would the morroccan chap reconsider?
Stop being so rotten.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 7:31 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I know of a couple of mums that took their kids over on the day trip just before Christmas for a reality check. There is still poverty there; however I enjoy the tripevery time - especially the mint tea.

I go from Tarifa on the fast ferry with FRS who do a walking tour. Well worth it, but be prepared to be "pestered" by salesman for anything and everything.

You will be given a meal - and it is a good meal. I certainly understand much more why so many are desperate to get across to europe after visiting

Davexf
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

I know of a couple of mums that took their kids over on the day trip just before Christmas for a reality check. There is still poverty there; however I enjoy the tripevery time - especially the mint tea.

I go from Tarifa on the fast ferry with FRS who do a walking tour. Well worth it, but be prepared to be "pestered" by salesman for anything and everything.

You will be given a meal - and it is a good meal. I certainly understand much more why so many are desperate to get across to europe after visiting

Davexf

I went about 4 years ago with my two (then) teenagers, it was a reality check for them & dd's just last week declined the chance to be in Tangier when her A level results came out! .....

Who are FRS? Do you have to book in advance? Do you have any choice of tour guide? Not that I'd know a good one until it happened anyway!
Cost (ish?) Thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 11:51 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Frs are at the port - no need to book, I usually get there around 9-30 for the 11 o'clock tour - I have breakfast between ties in one of the cafes opposite the port.

Yes there are others, I believe much of a muchness

Davexf
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 12:05 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

Davexf
Hi there,

Can I ask what the cost of this is i.e. ferry and walking tour.

Where does the walking tour take you to?

Although being pestered by sales men is it easy to make a purchase?

If you buy something large can you get it back to the ferry?

Interogation over for the minute
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 12:57 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Hi

I think the cost is around 55 / 60 euros, and yes no probs to purchase - many do. Not a problem with purchases you can carry - and if too large they will send it to you - they are geared up for this - thinking of a large carpet?

The walking tour is all around the casbah - all through narrow strets etc

Davexf
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 1:10 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

I think the cost is around 55 / 60 euros, and yes no probs to purchase - many do. Not a problem with purchases you can carry - and if too large they will send it to you - they are geared up for this - thinking of a large carpet?

The walking tour is all around the casbah - all through narrow strets etc

Davexf
Not really sure what I am thinking of!

I think just a case of if we do go and I see something I like can I get it home.

I know all you men out there are shaking your heads at this point
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

goaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant future

Spent half my time telling people to piss off.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw

Who are FRS?

http://www.frs.es/
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant info everyone, thanks - sounds relatively simple. Only one other subsidiary question, how easy/feasible/sensible would it be to take the car over? & once t'other side, how easy/feasible etc to park safely & do anything, or is it not worth the hassle?
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 3:47 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fionamw
Brilliant info everyone, thanks - sounds relatively simple. Only one other subsidiary question, how easy/feasible/sensible would it be to take the car over? & once t'other side, how easy/feasible etc to park safely & do anything, or is it not worth the hassle?

Hi

if you do this trip either by car or foot, will you please come back and let me know how you got on.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.