Dale Farm

Old Oct 20th 2011, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dale Farm

Originally Posted by JLFS
A sort of modern day Pompey
Brilliant, I lived in Portsmouth for six years and...........OK
Old Oct 20th 2011, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
On a similar note, there are a few protesters chained to the big gates to dale farm, and I think they are "concreted" to them too....

The bailiffs are trying to work outhow to remove them.

They should have amputated their arms
Old Oct 21st 2011, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
So when someone breaks the law and defies the planning rules, we should, as long as they are pikeys let them get away with it?
Every action has an equal & opposite reaction remember that bil. They're moving on now but they're still not going to abide by planning rules so nothing has been achieved. They were out of the way, the kids were even going to school. Was this the first stage of integrating the gypsies back into 'normal' society?

Today somebody has woken up with a great big Gypsy site on their doorstep & the local council is going to spend £1,000's to move them on then clean up the site. Then in a few months time the process will be repeated.

Don't you think sometimes it's better the devil you know????
Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by licinius

Possibly, unless of course they are camped at the bottom of your garden. I'd imagine the houses close to that site have become totally worthless, who is likely to buy there, however low the price. Some time back a guy built a complete house and surrounded it with straw bales, thinking that once he had lived in it for the required amount of time, it would be legalised. It spotted from the air, and promptly demolished. I don't remember any tree huggers chaining themselves to his house, so why should it be different for gypsies. What's so special about them that we should allow them to be excused from the planning laws the rest of us have to live by?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...ack-demolition
Old Oct 21st 2011, 9:58 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Possibly, unless of course they are camped at the bottom of your garden. I'd imagine the houses close to that site have become totally worthless, who is likely to buy there, however low the price. Some time back a guy built a complete house and surrounded it with straw bales, thinking that once he had lived in it for the required amount of time, it would be legalised. It spotted from the air, and promptly demolished. I don't remember any tree huggers chaining themselves to his house, so why should it be different for gypsies. What's so special about them that we should allow them to be excused from the planning laws the rest of us have to live by?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...ack-demolition
That link doesn't work.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...on?INTCMP=SRCH

It wasn't spotted untill he took the bales down, 4 years after it was finished. He has 12 months to demolish it, and is taking the case to the EU court, or somewhere.

Me I look at this and I see the planners who were too gutless to tackle Dale farm until it was almost too late, were damn quick to jump on a lone person like this, but then that's bullies all over, isn't it.

Like the police who are too gutless at times to treat the TGBs with the same rigour they would apply to us tax payers.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I'm not saying they should be exempt from anything or treated any differently but the UK has a major problem with not thinking things through. We act first without considering the consequencies. The problem has not been solved, it's just been moved along...................
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:14 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying they should be exempt from anything or treated any differently but the UK has a major problem with not thinking things through. We act first without considering the consequencies. The problem has not been solved, it's just been moved along...................
Ummm, no, The council responsible for Dale farm DIDN'T act at all until their arms were twisted. That's the point.

What about all the poor sods who were legitimate tax payers, meriting the Council's protection from having an ILLEGAL TGB camp set up at the bottom of their gardens.

I bet had they tried to build a wall there to shield themselves, the council planners would have been round in ten minutes flat, threatening them with every penalty in the book if the failed to knock it down tooty sweety.

The council are gutless bullies who haven't got the guts to dish out the law rairly and honestly, and cower away from confronting scary TGBs.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bil
The council are gutless bullies who haven't got the guts
You have to be prepared to speak out to get a job like that in the first place, so we can't call them gutless.

The problem starts once people are actually elected & they realise what cushy numbers they have. Then they could act but they don't want to rock the boat & risk losing what they've got.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 12:53 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

You have to be prepared to speak out to get a job like that in the first place, so we can't call them gutless.

The problem starts once people are actually elected & they realise what cushy numbers they have. Then they could act but they don't want to rock the boat & risk losing what they've got.
Strange, and to think that I thought getting a job like that must involve quite a lot of ass licking.

As for not wanting to rock the boat and lose what they'd got, I would have thought that firm action in a case like this would be very popular overall with the general public in their own area and virtually guarantee them their cushy jobs for life.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 2:45 pm
bil
Banned

They won't tackle the TGBs, but they will make it hell for taxpayers who try to get planning.

They are gutless. Just because they can smarm and creep their way into such a job doesn't make them worth anything.

I've seen it from both sides, and trust me, they're gutless when faced with anyone big. With small fry they are very brave.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 2:58 pm
bil
Banned

Every action has an equal & opposite reaction remember that bil. They're moving on now but they're still not going to abide by planning rules so nothing has been achieved. They were out of the way, the kids were even going to school. Was this the first stage of integrating the gypsies back into 'normal' society?

Today somebody has woken up with a great big Gypsy site on their doorstep & the local council is going to spend £1,000's to move them on then clean up the site. Then in a few months time the process will be repeated.

I have to live within the law. I expect everyone else to have to be thus restrained.

Personally, I consider the best way to integrate TGBs is to get them situated in another country. Preferably one far, far away.

The Oh so brave council near us woke up one morning to find that an old lady just north of Cambridge had had her field invaded, against her wishes by a TGB camp.

She complained to the council, and they told her if SHE didn't get them off, the council wuld take HER to court.

Do you understand why I brand them gutless?
Old Oct 21st 2011, 3:13 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
They could go back to the authorised pitches a lot of them left(fact) and moved onto Dale farm because its cheaper and there's no local authority keeping an eye on what they are doing.Or go back to the houses a lot of them have in Rathkele (fact)(look the name up on internet) in Ireland
Really? I'd chip in to have them shipped home as long as they don't ever, ever come back.

I'm no fan of racism, and if the vast bulk of TGBs were honest and paid there damn taxes, I'd not have a problem with.

However we have enough freeloaders, parasites and thieves as it is, and redcing the numbers thus would have my vote.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 4:13 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I think the concensus is that it is about time this travesty was resolved.

They bought the field next to an official camp with the avowed intent to build on it, knowing full well it was illegal. If the next field was offered to them they would have taken it.

I have no problem with people who want to do their own thing, be it move to live in a caravan or move to Spain. But like everyone else they must obey the laws the rest of us have to obey. I have seen the appalling mess they leave when "travelling", nappies, needles, asbestos, rubble, old tarmac, bodily effluent, in areas such as playing fields, car parks, on private or public land. Makes no difference there is a padlock or barrier - it was broken when we arrived Guv. Clean ups costing several thousands being paid for out of public funds when there is no effort to obtain recompense. They seem to have cars with RFL so they have an address, so why can't they be billed for the costs.?

Everyone will be on alert for these people settling like wasps in the loft. They have obtained themselves a place in Human Rights, Article 8, and even the local police chasing stolen cars have to get permission from their liaison officer before entering their nest with 48 hours notice.

There are a couple of islands to the north of Scotland that could be of use, one still has Anthrax on it, but never mind. Just there aren't that many OAP's and others for them to scam with broken roof tiles, drains, gutters, drives etc.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 4:55 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

For me the remedy is simple & always has been.
Simply remove any rights that they have as they have not the slightest intention of following society's rules, have not the slightest intention of paying into the system & are clearly under the impression (with good cause) that they can (and do) please themselves knowing that the authority's hands are tied.

Pigs don't fly of course & neither will this.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:05 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
For me the remedy is simple & always has been.
Simply remove any rights that they have as they have not the slightest intention of following society's rules, have not the slightest intention of paying into the system & are clearly under the impression (with good cause) that they can (and do) please themselves knowing that the authority's hands are tied.

Pigs don't fly of course & neither will this.
Ten years isnt having ones hands tied - its probably incompetence flavoured by the fluffy bunny brigade threatening fire and brimstone if they breached human rights laws. If you or I did this would we be still around 10 years later ??

It is now too late to get out of this miserable circle of these people doing what they want when they want whilst the rest of the population have to obey the law.

And then there's the "supporters" who outnumbered the residents, setting things alight and chaining themselves to anything immoveable. Build a concentration camp and put them inside it - there are a couple of army barracks empty now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.