Cyber Wars

Old Oct 31st 2011, 7:38 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cyber Wars

I just watched a worrying report on this mornings news.

Apparently the UK has lost 17 billion quids worth of business due to cyber attacks from China and Russia.
Such attack are now rated as the fourth biggest threats to national security.
In addition it is believed that the Chinese have every intention of taking over the internet as a whole by blocking anything at all of which they don't approve and only promoting their own interests.

It's a bit of a kick in the teeth after seeing what we have already allowed the Chinese to do to our economy, in many instances using prison labour or political prisoners.
We should have banned their junk from our shores a long time ago until they started treating ppl.with a bit of dignity.
Too late now of course and our govt being soft in the head like a few others continues turning a blind eye apart from a little feeble minded lip service.

It's more and more pointing to the fact that the slanty eyed so and sos will soon be taking us all over, as I've mentioned a few times already.

Just hope I'm not around when it comes.
I've no fancy for slaving in a paddy field all day for half a bowl of rice.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cyber Wars

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I
And the Chinese are already thinking along similar lines, they are demanding higher wages as property and land prices continue to rise there. True, it'll be a long time, if ever, before they get near labour costs in the west, but they are on a definite upward spiral. In fact some companies have been switching production to Thailand and Bangladesh as labour there is even cheaper. Talking of bowls of rice, I thought it was ironic to read of Sarko the Dwarf going begging bowl in hand to the Chinese for money. Don't know about the "slanty eyes" but I can certainly see a time when countries like China and India will be owning even more of our industries, it would have seemed laughable years ago to think the west would be going cap in hand to the west for survival. But we'll still be sending millions of aid to India!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry but when I read,

"We should have banned their junk from our shores"

I thought the boat, yes I have weird sense of humour
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:03 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
I am so sorry but when I read,

"We should have banned their junk from our shores"

I thought the boat, yes I have weird sense of humour
Nice one, must confess it never crossed my mind till you mentioned it, though looking at some of the massive freight ships now flooding our markets with goods, they do appear to be quite a long way removed from the traditional junks.

Mind you possibly even more worrying, it's not quite all junk,(rubbish), these days and they are now producing some reasonable quality goods, much of it as a result of getting their grubby hands on Western technology.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:27 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

It was always on the cards that the internet would be used as an economic weapon at some point, I am surprised that the terrorists have not jumped onto it yet. I used to work for a large multi-national company and the whole business is run via the internet with auto ordering from suppliers, auto stock control in fact auto everything when the internet was down for any reason the business came to a stop and this is an engineering company.
Relating to cheap labour, I was lucky by being made redundant at 59 it allowed me to retire then but the British business was relocated to Poland, India and Korea. Our CEO stated that he expected those same areas of production to be relocated again after 10 - 15 years because of wage inflation. Farcical really.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 10:24 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

The internet is worse than most think.

Take a look at cars for sale in Spain for just one instance, most don't exsist, they offer delivery after payment.

Smart phones are not as secure as PC's either, and a lot of apps are made by scammers just to get your info, it seems.

Get used to China, looks like they will own us all soon
Old Nov 4th 2011, 1:37 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

In this day and age I think that you have to be daft to use things such as internet banking, no one can guarantee the safety of ones information and I notice that UK banks are starting to place themselves in a position that stops the need for them to pay out in case of fraud.

Graham
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:11 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I know little about PCs and the internet, I've just tried to replace my sound card and now live in a silent world.

My son, on the other hand, is an expert but he's a few thousand miles away at the moment. He did explain cyber warfare to me once and some of it made sense for a short time. Mainly, that if you can shut a country down completely, they won't be able to fire rockets at you.

I told him that I felt safe with my Kapersky anti-virus at the time, and Windows XP, and he fell about laughing.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:44 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I just watched a worrying report on this mornings news.

Apparently the UK has lost 17 billion quids worth of business due to cyber attacks from China and Russia.
Such attack are now rated as the fourth biggest threats to national security.
In addition it is believed that the Chinese have every intention of taking over the internet as a whole by blocking anything at all of which they don't approve and only promoting their own interests.

It's a bit of a kick in the teeth after seeing what we have already allowed the Chinese to do to our economy, in many instances using prison labour or political prisoners.
We should have banned their junk from our shores a long time ago until they started treating ppl.with a bit of dignity.
Too late now of course and our govt being soft in the head like a few others continues turning a blind eye apart from a little feeble minded lip service.

It's more and more pointing to the fact that the slanty eyed so and sos will soon be taking us all over, as I've mentioned a few times already.

Just hope I'm not around when it comes.
I have a website which gets hits everyday from Russia and China, have no idea why, what they want, they don't communicate with me.
and this isnt a couple of nudges by the Yahoo and Google bots before anyone asks.

would be interesting to see how they reckon that much money has been "lost"
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:55 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
It was always on the cards that the internet would be used as an economic weapon at some point, I am surprised that the terrorists have not jumped onto it yet. I used to work for a large multi-national company and the whole business is run via the internet with auto ordering from suppliers, auto stock control in fact auto everything when the internet was down for any reason the business came to a stop and this is an engineering company.
Relating to cheap labour, I was lucky by being made redundant at 59 it allowed me to retire then but the British business was relocated to Poland, India and Korea. Our CEO stated that he expected those same areas of production to be relocated again after 10 - 15 years because of wage inflation. Farcical really.
the internet has been used as an economical weapon for years now. a simple "denial of service" by flooding a website with access requests is the old favourite. Alternative routing has reduced the opportunity for line cutting but then satellite dishes on buildings can also liable to physical attack.
as a means of communication by terrorists it has also been in use for years. as the volume increases day by day it becomes harder and harder to find and trace access which is why NSA and GCHQ are real growth areas.

as to cheap labour, India has already priced itself out of the outsourcing business, companies are already bringing the work back to the UK or looking for new places to settle. India has more Degree's, MBA's, BSc's per square mile than Silicon Valley and they want to be paid accordingly, which is why they are moving out of their homeland