curry in Denia

Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default curry in Denia

highly recommended

Indias Palace
carretera de las marinas ( near Burger King)

sunday night buffet 15€ a head and 8€ for children

looooooooooovely

Old Feb 5th 2007, 6:55 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: curry in Denia

Originally Posted by spain
highly recommended

Indias Palace

looooooooooovely

Will check it out on our next visit
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Will check it out on our next visit

Me too
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by spain
highly recommended

Indias Palace

looooooooooovely

Hi!!!

We may give that a try... we drive down to Javea every so often and go to the Indian Palace along the arenal area. It is pricey (around 50 euros per couple) but the food IS trully superb! But I am definitely going to try your one out next Sunday. Do you have to book on a Sunday, ie does it get too packed to just walk in?
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danemad
Hi!!!

We may give that a try... we drive down to Javea every so often and go to the Indian Palace along the arenal area. It is pricey (around 50 euros per couple) but the food IS trully superb! But I am definitely going to try your one out next Sunday. Do you have to book on a Sunday, ie does it get too packed to just walk in?
Hi

It was pretty quiet when we went last Sunday but I expect it gets busier in the summer like most places

telephone number is 965 783 637
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough

Thanks! I´m drooling already! I brought some Asda curries back with me last time I went to the UK as they are better than some of the top brand ones but it obviously doesn´t compare to the real deal.... I am sooo hungry now! lol
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:39 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you make your own? We do. There are any number of sauces available in Mas Y Mas or some of the english stores, and I even saw some in Carrefour. Theres an English supermarket in Oliva that stocks them also.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Why don't you make your own? We do. There are any number of sauces available in Mas Y Mas or some of the english stores, and I even saw some in Carrefour. Theres an English supermarket in Oliva that stocks them also.
yes we do have them at home (uncle bens from trotters) but not as nice as going out and letting someone else cook and wash up after you
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

MB I presume you are talking about sauces like Patacks etc from Mas y Mas. I have bought those but find Asda´s nicer and cheaper. Over 4 euros from Mas y Mas but less than £1 from Asda. I do buy them from Mas y Mas when I have run out though... However, still not the same as the real thing by real indian chefs, eh?
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:46 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

MB I presume you are talking about sauces like Patacks etc from Mas y Mas. I have bought those but find Asda´s nicer and cheaper. Over 4 euros from Mas y Mas but less than £1 from Asda. I do buy them from Mas y Mas when I have run out though... However, still not the same as the real thing by real indian chefs, eh?
Thats very true, but up until now the only choice we have known of is a rather shady looking premises in the centre of Oliva and we both made our minds up early on that we weren't going to risk going there!

Yes the sauces are more expensive, basically as they are imported. The brit market in Oliva though is cheaper then those prices, 2 euros something iirc.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

That´s a good price.. however I wouldn´t go to a British market, or British pub, or British restaurant for that matter... the only reason I buy the curries in a jar is cos OH wants them more often than I can afford to eat them at the restaurant in Javea, lol.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Thats very true, but up until now the only choice we have known of is a rather shady looking premises in the centre of Oliva and we both made our minds up early on that we weren't going to risk going there!

Yes the sauces are more expensive, basically as they are imported. The brit market in Oliva though is cheaper then those prices, 2 euros something iirc.
it does look shady doesnt it but we have eaten there a couple of times and the curries are ok - and as good as you get locally but I think from now we will drive down to Denia as it was so nice
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:10 am
Senior Moment

That´s a good price.. however I wouldn´t go to a British market, or British pub, or British restaurant for that matter...
Well ..... to be honest I don't understand why, just because its british, but thats now the subject of another thread
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Well ..... to be honest I don't understand why, just because its british, but thats now the subject of another thread
LOL... sorry but that IS EXACTLY why not.... but that´s just me. Anywhere where Brits get together just because it is owned by Brits, frequented by Brits and sells only British produce are places I steer clear of totally. I wouldn´t, however, if it was a Brit pub that Spaniards also frequented, a Brit butchers that Spaniards also bought from and so on.

It´s just the "let all us jolly Brits stick together" thing which makes me cringe.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:38 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you find though that the sauces in jars are a bit vinegary? I've yet to find one that isn't so if you have found one let me know the brand please and I'll try it. Also, try crumbling an Indian Oxo cube in it as adds more of an authentic Indian taste, Oxo also do Chinese, Italian and Mexican cubes. Another tip....buy a vindaloo sauce as a takeaway and freeze it in an ice cube tray then add a cube when you make your own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.