Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Crowds are out..

Crowds are out..

Old Dec 2nd 2013, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crowds are out..

Originally Posted by ArtWilson
Looks like my hometown of Manchester when the Christmas markets are on. Mmmmmm mulled wine
Mulled wine is one of things that could really take off in Spain.

Edit: along with sloe gin
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chopera
Mulled wine is one of things that could really take off in Spain.

Edit: along with sloe gin
Most here are doing the mulled wine and mince pie. Never mind the gin, keep the endrinas for the pacharĂ¡n.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

ArtWilson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lynn R
That's where I've just spent the weekend - the city looked very nice at night (starting from 4pm when it gets dark) and the markets looked very busy - they seem to get bigger every year. It was a shame I had to watch where I was walking on the Sunday morning to skirt around the pools of vomit, however. Not very attractive at all. Pity they couldn't have got around to cleaning it up before 11am.
It is such a shame. Proud to say I am from manchester but I believe there have been a lot of cut backs in street cleaning and a lot of mulled wine = drunk people (myself included once or twice). I'll have to track down the mulled wine and mince pies in these parts. Not Christmas without them for me
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ArtWilson
It is such a shame. Proud to say I am from manchester but I believe there have been a lot of cut backs in street cleaning and a lot of mulled wine = drunk people (myself included once or twice). I'll have to track down the mulled wine and mince pies in these parts. Not Christmas without them for me
I believe they usually have Christmas market stalls in the Plaza de la Merced in Malaga city centre, whether anybody sells mulled wine I'm not sure but I wouldn't bet on being able to get any mince pies, better take your own! We plan to go in one night next week to have a wander around.

I must be unnatural, I kept turning down the offer of a mince pie at relatives' houses this weekend as I can't stand them!
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

ArtWilson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I believe they usually have Christmas market stalls in the Plaza de la Merced in Malaga city centre, whether anybody sells mulled wine I'm not sure but I wouldn't bet on being able to get any mince pies, better take your own! We plan to go in one night next week to have a wander around.

I must be unnatural, I kept turning down the offer of a mince pie at relatives' houses this weekend as I can't stand them!
Don't think you are on your own there! I know quite a few people who don't like them. I'm not a fan of Christmas pudding but do love a good mince pie. I might need to ask my daughter to ship over some of the Sainsburys puff pastry ones. Although they'll probably look a bit of a mess by the time they've arrived!