Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cricket Ayamonte on La Sexta TV

Cricket Ayamonte on La Sexta TV

Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:25 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cricket Ayamonte on La Sexta TV

We need your help. Thanks to a report of the first game we did being posted on the EFE News Agency wires this week, there's been some interest in the initiative and as a result La Sexta wants to film a segment. We didn't have a gane planned but we've arranged one last minute and desperately need bums on seats plus players (we should have enough but we'll change the format for any newcomers - the more the merrier) So.....

Sunday 29th July from 12.30pm (12 noon for players)
Ayamonte Football Stadium
Cricket Ayamonte vs Barringtons Vale Do Lobo Cricket Club
Free Entry

We could really do with your support. Those who went last time enjoyed themselves so we hope you'll come again plus anybody else who can make it, that would be fantastic.

There will be a bar plus BBQ etc.....

I know it will be hot, but the stadium has plenty of shade. The TV people will be coming earlier rather than later, probably around 12.30 - 1pm, so if you don't fancy staying for the whole game you can shoot off when they leave!!! Cheating a bit, I know but hey ho!!!

Anyone wanting more info can PM through this website or by email to [email protected].

Cheers all!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:30 am

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket Ayamonte on La Sexta TV

Bump
Old Jul 28th 2007, 12:30 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

I am letting people know about it
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
I am letting people know about it

Cheers "Pam". Just direct yourself towards the bar and there are several drinks with your name on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:22 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Cheers "Pam". Just direct yourself towards the bar and there are several drinks with your name on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She will be there in the queue Saturday night. lol
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:37 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
She will be there in the queue Saturday night. lol
I cant make it but I am hoping plenty that I have told go to watch.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:23 am

Default Thanks To Everyone

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
I cant make it but I am hoping plenty that I have told go to watch.
Bit of a flop in the end. The TV people dropped us at the last minute and the "crowd" was poor to say the least. However it was all last minute so understandable really (temperatures didn't help either)

Still, we got a deserved whooping by the boys from Portugal but everyone there enjoyed the day and it was great to play in a great facility like Blas Infante so thanks to the council for that.

Thanks to MÂȘ Jose and Lisa for their help on the bar, Joseph, Jordan and Danny for their promo work on Saturday, all the boys who made the journey down from Portugal with their pitch and equipment etc. Thanks to our team who turned out - the only way is up boys!!!!!!
Thanks also to Javi who submitted the story about the founding of the team to Spanish news agency EFE that provided us with lots of high profile coverage over the last week, notably in the nationals Marca & El Mundo, on Canal Sur and Cadena Ser - some links to other publications below for those interested.

Advance notice: 6-a-side tournament for Villablanca Fiesta at end of August

http://www.andalucia24horas.com/text...=314530&sec=74

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/2634...ricket/huelva/

http://www.huelvainformacion.es/136006_ESN_HTML.htm