Credit ratings

Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future
Default Credit ratings

When i make the move in January how does your credit scoring work in a different country. Will i carry on the same as the UK or will i have to build a new one up ?

Trawled google for the answer and can not find a thing.

Many thanks,

John
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:32 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Credit ratings

Originally Posted by john1979
When i make the move in January how does your credit scoring work in a different country. Will i carry on the same as the UK or will i have to build a new one up ?

Trawled google for the answer and can not find a thing.

Many thanks,

John
It will be very unlikely that a credit rating, good or bad, will be considered.

Except if you are with an affiliated bank or credit card.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
It will be very unlikely that a credit rating, good or bad, will be considered.

Except if you are with an affiliated bank or credit card.
So how easy will it be to get a car on finance ? I have no debt and a solid business what will continue in Spain ?
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:41 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

So how easy will it be to get a car on finance ? I have no debt and a solid business what will continue in Spain ?
Things like that are reliant on repayments, companies want to see what you are like repaying money, so its likely, but not exactly set in stone, that they will look at your credit history in Spain before they lend you money.

That said I know credit is slightly less stringent in Europe that it can be in the UK.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Things like that are reliant on repayments, companies want to see what you are like repaying money, so its likely, but not exactly set in stone, that they will look at your credit history in Spain before they lend you money.

That said I know credit is slightly less stringent in Europe that it can be in the UK.
Right ok thanks Matt.

All a minefield at the minute. I know i need my NIE number and such to get contract phones etc. I guess i will learn as i go when i am there as most have done. Fancy a nice car over in Spain feel id enjoy it more so never splashed out here in the UK.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Patrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the rough

Hi there. Have you moved? How did you get on regarding the car finance and your credit history?
We are planning to move to the CDS in May and I was wondering about just the same thing........Cheers, Pat.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Did actually have a thread on this exact subject sometime ago
Basically RM is right credit IS less stringent in Spain than the UK,for example in UK you are scored out of 1000,whereas in Spain the score is out of 750.
Experien and Equifax do operate in Spain,however their not linked to their counterparts in the UK,so you will have to restart credit in Spain.
This could either be a good or bad thing depending on you personal situation
If you are looking for a Spanish mortgage,these are based on ability to pay,rather than credit score,although I have heard of some banks asking for a copy of a UK credit file.Not sure how widespread a practicethis is though
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Do you own a property in Spain? if you do you should not have a problem getting credit for a car well... unless your thinking of an SLR or similar... then you might need a very big property!

Last edited by Econ; Feb 17th 2008 at 9:53 am.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Patrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lcortez
Did actually have a thread on this exact subject sometime ago
Basically RM is right credit IS less stringent in Spain than the UK,for example in UK you are scored out of 1000,whereas in Spain the score is out of 750.
Experien and Equifax do operate in Spain,however their not linked to their counterparts in the UK,so you will have to restart credit in Spain.
This could either be a good or bad thing depending on you personal situation
If you are looking for a Spanish mortgage,these are based on ability to pay,rather than credit score,although I have heard of some banks asking for a copy of a UK credit file.Not sure how widespread a practicethis is though
Thanks guys. I don't have a property in Spain yet. We're going to move out and rent for at least a year. I have a mind to get a friend of mine in Lithuania to spy out a good car bargain and drive it down once we've moved. Having read other threads on that subject it appears that will be a whole new can of worms though.......
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

With regard to the car situation,actually was asking the same question,as I need a car for my work,and mines not worth the taxes on importation
What it appears the more experienced Spain hands are doing is buying secondhand cars in the UK,or E Bay (where they are much cheaper than Spain),and importing them to Spain,and saving a lot of money
In the other credit thread there was some discussion about Contract Hire in Spain,will try to find it as it may help and there was some good pointers in it