Reload this Page >

create a startup in Gibraltar

create a startup in Gibraltar

Old Sep 11th 2009, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

globeSky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default create a startup in Gibraltar

hello , there

i would like some feedback about opening a startup in GB related to ebusiness.
i'm a citizen in morocco (working there;IT field) and i'm interested in opening a startup in a offshore place and run it as non resident :d

found some nice info on the web:
http://www.offshoregibraltar.com/index.php?page=2_2_0

but got few more question:
* does opening a compagny in GB ; i need to have an office there?(i mean must i rent a place and stuff )?
* i readed that from the necessary condition to open a compagny is to have a secretary in the compagny ; from budget porspective hiring one person in GB / level entry ; how much it will cost by month if yu count assurance/taxes and stuff .....?

NB:anybody with previous experience :d ?
Old Sep 11th 2009, 2:53 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: create a startup in Gibraltar

Originally Posted by globeSky
hello , there

i would like some feedback about opening a startup in GB related to ebusiness.
i'm a citizen in morocco (working there;IT field) and i'm interested in opening a startup in a offshore place and run it as non resident :d

found some nice info on the web:
http://www.offshoregibraltar.com/index.php?page=2_2_0

but got few more question:
* does opening a compagny in GB ; i need to have an office there?(i mean must i rent a place and stuff )?
* i readed that from the necessary condition to open a compagny is to have a secretary in the compagny ; from budget porspective hiring one person in GB / level entry ; how much it will cost by month if yu count assurance/taxes and stuff .....?

NB:anybody with previous experience :d ?
Well ... you're in the wrong forum, this is the Spanish section. I'm not quite sure where to move you to though

You can start a UK limited company very easily, there are loads of companies that do it and it can cost from £17-£20 upwards. You'll need a company secretary and a Managing director ... I have a memory in the back of my mind that you have to be a UK resident, but that may be wrong. You'll need a registered office, which can be your solicitors office if necessary. Thats where all your official paperwork and documentation will be sent.

Heres a link
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...cId=1073865436
Old Sep 11th 2009, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi, Mitzyboy

i think that i compagny could be opened by non - resident ?! (google give a lot of hits related to this question )

"You'll need a registered office"
hm yeah ; in average , how does a "affordablle" office could cost by month?.

any idea about this one?

there are loads of companies that do it and it can cost from £17-£20 upwards.
any recommandable links?

and thanks a lot for you time
Old Sep 11th 2009, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well ... you're in the wrong forum, this is the Spanish section. I'm not quite sure where to move you to though

You can start a UK limited company very easily, there are loads of companies that do it and it can cost from £17-£20 upwards. You'll need a company secretary and a Managing director ... I have a memory in the back of my mind that you have to be a UK resident, but that may be wrong. You'll need a registered office, which can be your solicitors office if necessary. Thats where all your official paperwork and documentation will be sent.

Heres a link
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...cId=1073865436
Hi

I have a limited company and it has changed now you do not need a secretary. It is very easy to set up with companies house. My accountant set it all up for me and took no time at all.
xx
Old Sep 11th 2009, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Hi missbad,

It is very easy to set up with companies house. My accountant set it all up for me and took no time at all.
interesting!

yu're in UK or GB ?

and thanks
Old Sep 11th 2009, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of

Hi missbad,

interesting!

yu're in UK or GB ?

and thanks
Hi
I am in the uk so unsure of the legal side of gib.

you could try www.FormationsDirect.com or CompanyFormations247.co.uk

If you try this company they do set ups in Gib www.ukincorp.co.uk

They might be able to advise you.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Hi globeSky

May I suggest you start here :-

http://www.companieshouse.gi/

Last edited by Fredbargate; Sep 11th 2009 at 4:37 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 4:38 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

* does opening a compagny in GB
I think there may be some confusion here.

When you say GB do you mean Gibraltar or Great Britain ie UK?
Old Sep 11th 2009, 5:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missbad
Hi

I have a limited company and it has changed now you do not need a secretary. It is very easy to set up with companies house. My accountant set it all up for me and took no time at all.
xx
You dont need a company secretary???
Who is the person responsible for the company records etc then?

Fred: yes, I think there is some confusion.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Fredbargate,missbad,

thanks a lot for the links

Fred James , bad expression from my side , i mean : Gibraltar

Mitzyboy, compagny offshore those activity for accountant i think , they sell them kind of package ... the accountant handle all the stuff ...
Old Sep 11th 2009, 5:20 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You dont need a company secretary???
Who is the person responsible for the company records etc then?
I'll answer my own question, you have to appoint a responsible director since April 2008. No company secretary, but you DO need a responsible director
Old Sep 11th 2009, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

hi Mitzyboy,

ok thanks for the info
Old Sep 11th 2009, 6:07 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Fred James , bad expression from my side , i mean : Gibraltar .

That's what I though which is why I commented.

With all the options - Great Britain, United Kingdom, British Isles, England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland - I'm not surprised it's confusing!

Try looking at national car stickers - GB for UK, GBG for Guernsey, GBJ for Jersey and GBZ for Zibraltar. Confusing - yes!
Old Sep 11th 2009, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

For a Gibraltar registered company :-

Every company must have at least two directors except in the case of a private company in
which case the company must have one director. Every company must also have a secretary. It
is important to note that a sole director can not also be the secretary.

See this link

http://www.companieshouse.gi/publications/C0010.pdf

All the information is here as posted before:-

http://www.companieshouse.gi/

Or contact them they should also be able to talk to you in any language you are comfortable with.

Contact Information
Companies House Gibraltar
1st Floor
The Arcade
30-38 Main Street
P.O. Box 848
Gibraltar

Tel: (350) 200 78193
Fax: (350) 200 44436

Email: [email protected]
Old Sep 11th 2009, 6:29 pm
Just Joined