Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Crazy situation.

Crazy situation.

Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:24 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crazy situation.

This is almost unbelievable.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:48 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crazy situation.

Originally Posted by jdr
That is really disgusting - the poor bloke - i was very luck and was in for my op just 5 weeks from the consultant - i hope he gets sorted soon
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:44 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
That is really disgusting - the poor bloke - i was very luck and was in for my op just 5 weeks from the consultant - i hope he gets sorted soon
That was about the same time for my hernia op, with a weeks delay included to lower blood pressure before op.
Same problem he had on two of his cancelations, you think the would of put him on tabs for a week ?
Old Oct 12th 2009, 8:32 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Hey its the Sun, the only newspaper that gets slammed for being factual one day and full of crap the other.

Sorry JDR but if the Sun wrote how terrible the Spanish health service was I`m sure members here would slam its "Quality Reporting".

I`m just glad he`s alive and not a story on how the health service were pressured to carry out a procedure on a person not fit for surgery.

Tabs to lower Blood pressure results in thining of blood and makes operations far more dangerous, people I`m afraid need to take responsibility for there health, smoking and bad diet isn`t the health services responsibility.

Both habits should always be lower priority on the lists than someone who has taken care of his/her body.Obesity and smoking are all life choices and can be rectified easily.

If you play with fire, your fault you get burned.

Last edited by chulo; Oct 12th 2009 at 8:36 am.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 10:29 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by chulo
Hey its the Sun, the only newspaper that gets slammed for being factual one day and full of crap the other.

Sorry JDR but if the Sun wrote how terrible the Spanish health service was I`m sure members here would slam its "Quality Reporting".

I`m just glad he`s alive and not a story on how the health service were pressured to carry out a procedure on a person not fit for surgery.

Tabs to lower Blood pressure results in thining of blood and makes operations far more dangerous, people I`m afraid need to take responsibility for there health, smoking and bad diet isn`t the health services responsibility.

Both habits should always be lower priority on the lists than someone who has taken care of his/her body.Obesity and smoking are all life choices and can be rectified easily.

If you play with fire, your fault you get burned.
I know it´s a sun story, but it is true, I know the guys niece. ;-))

Your statement about using tablets to bring down hypertension is dangerous before ops maybe slightly over the top. ;-))
They gave me tablets and monitored mine for a week prior to a hernia op.

Medico chulo, you seem to know all about hypertension perhaps you can diagnose the cause of mine.
I don`t smoke, drink, eat salt, my diet is good with no fats or sweet stuff, i am a few kls over weight though ?
Old Oct 12th 2009, 1:01 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr

Medico chulo, you seem to know all about hypertension perhaps you can diagnose the cause of mine.
I don`t smoke, drink, eat salt, my diet is good with no fats or sweet stuff, i am a few kls over weight though ?
You could unaware that your lifestyle is worse than you believe.

You`d be amazed once its analyised how you missed something.

Even some thought to be health foods can be bad for you.

If you eat Bran flakes for instance, a typical bowl of them can contain upto twice the daily amount of salt for an adult.

So if you have a glass of Fresh Fruit juice plus a bowl of Bran Flakes you`ll have enough Sodium too increase blood pressure.

Or you have a abnormality in your arteries.

Or you have Asian/African descendants.

Or your parents suffered from Hypertension.

Or your not as relaxed as you thought you are.

Or you have elevated C reactive protein.

Or the Hormones within your Adreniline Glands have a genetic disorder.

Or you have a disorder of the Kidneys, Liver, aortic artery or Adrenal Gland.

Old Oct 12th 2009, 2:42 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

You could unaware that your lifestyle is worse than you believe.

You`d be amazed once its analyised how you missed something.

Even some thought to be health foods can be bad for you.

If you eat Bran flakes for instance, a typical bowl of them can contain upto twice the daily amount of salt for an adult.

So if you have a glass of Fresh Fruit juice plus a bowl of Bran Flakes you`ll have enough Sodium too increase blood pressure.

Or you have a abnormality in your arteries.

Or you have Asian/African descendants.

Or your parents suffered from Hypertension.

Or your not as relaxed as you thought you are.

Or you have elevated C reactive protein.

Or the Hormones within your Adreniline Glands have a genetic disorder.

Or you have a disorder of the Kidneys, Liver, aortic artery or Adrenal Gland.

You forgot to factor in that everybody has a different pressure and it changes at different times of the day and night.

I don`t know the figures for Spain, but In the U K there are about 16 million people with a blood pressure higher than 140/90.
Meaning one in every three women and two in every five men now have high blood pressure.
Maybe that is just because more people now check it than used to before ?
All the Farmacias in Spain have free digital machines to check your pressure and I have even seen them in Fuengirola set up on the corner near the bus station, doing it for a donation.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was last measured a couple of weeks ago at 90/60

You're telling me i need to eat more branflakes?
Old Oct 12th 2009, 3:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by rachelk
Mine was last measured a couple of weeks ago at 90/60

You're telling me i need to eat more branflakes?
The top number can be anywhere from 90 to 240 and the bottom number can be anywhere from 60 to 140. ;-)
Old Oct 12th 2009, 3:43 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
The top number can be anywhere from 90 to 240 and the bottom number can be anywhere from 60 to 140. ;-)
I know here the 'norm' is 120/80 but it does rise slightly with age
Old Oct 12th 2009, 7:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
You forgot to factor in that everybody has a different pressure and it changes at different times of the day and night.

That isn`t Hypertension.

Blood pressure is just that, its the pressure the heart is producing out of the valves and returning back.

It has a normal range and abnormal range and does indeed change within i believe 1/10 of a second.

High pressure indicates the heart is basically over working, low the opposite.

I agree with the testing is too much, most people tend to get a little more stressed when having to test, which is why a GP will test several times then recommend home checks before opting for drug treatment.

Having said that a fit and health adult should still have a BP within the normal range, no matter what time or stress level.

The danger comes when a person with High BP excercises and the increase raises no high.

Having a higher Bp during excercise is safe, mostly no affects, keeps the heart strong.

So JDR get of the seatee and join the rest of the peeps on the evening walk.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 7:29 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

That isn`t Hypertension.

Blood pressure is just that, its the pressure the heart is producing out of the valves and returning back.

It has a normal range and abnormal range and does indeed change within i believe 1/10 of a second.

High pressure indicates the heart is basically over working, low the opposite.

I agree with the testing is too much, most people tend to get a little more stressed when having to test, which is why a GP will test several times then recommend home checks before opting for drug treatment.

Having said that a fit and health adult should still have a BP within the normal range, no matter what time or stress level.

The danger comes when a person with High BP excercises and the increase raises no high.

Having a higher Bp during excercise is safe, mostly no affects, keeps the heart strong.

So JDR get of the seatee and join the rest of the peeps on the evening walk.
Where did I mention hypertension apart from my own when I asked Medico Chulos diagnosis in another post?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 1:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Where did I mention hypertension apart from my own when I asked Medico Chulos diagnosis in another post?
Que.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Tabs to lower Blood pressure results in thining of blood
Which tablets? Mechanism of action please
Old Oct 13th 2009, 2:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Which tablets? Mechanism of action please
Aspirin.

Many DR now recommend Aspirin to lower blood pressure.

A study was actually conducted in Spain, however the results were published in the U.S. in The Journal of the American College of Cardiology.

The Sun Article states the reason for cancelling an op was High Blood Pressure, which is not a reason on its own to cancel an op.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.