Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

:: Crash Helmets in Spain ::

:: Crash Helmets in Spain ::

Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:45 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default :: Crash Helmets in Spain ::

Hi
Does anyone know the laws on Crash Helmet wearing in Spain ?

The reason i ask is i have a 75cc Motorbike ,which i use for cruising on a weekend.. Whilst the machine doesnt hit more than 40mph , it did once reach 47mph when i was on a mad day race mode through the Peak district ! this was downhill at the time and i was egged on as i had the walkman on under the helmet and goggles blasting "Born to be wild" which does tend to make you more of a rebel...
I am intending to bring the "beast" as i call it ,with me to Spain but unsure as to wether or not bring the Crash helmet and my goggles . if the Helmet isnt needed then i could sell or swap it on Ebay and use the money to buy a new Real Ale making kit , "Real Ale for men Home brewed in your bath in 5 easy stages" .. If Helmets are compulsory then obviously i will not sell it..

So any advice on this urgently sought..
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: :: Crash Helmets in Spain ::

Helmets are compulsory but you will see people flouting the law.

pwwm
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:00 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
Helmets are compulsory but you will see people flouting the law.

pwwm
So by law you need them .. and yet some dont ? Whats the penalty then if caught anyone know ?
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

In Nerja last year they were impounding the bikes, here were I am, the Police do not appear to care over much unless you try to ride on the main road.
I have noticed though that more riders are using helmets now.

pwwm
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:14 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
So by law you need them .. and yet some dont ? Whats the penalty then if caught anyone know ?
They make you stand on one leg on the side of the road, hop up and down, rub your tummy and pat your head while singing land of hope and glory!
Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Hi

The reason i ask is i have a 75cc Motorbike ,which i use for cruising on a weekend.. Whilst the machine doesnt hit more than 40mph , it did once reach 47mph when i was on a mad day race mode through the Peak district ! this was downhill at the time and i was egged on as i had the walkman on under the helmet and goggles blasting "Born to be wild" which does tend to make you more of a rebel...
I am intending to bring the "beast" as i call it ,with me to Spain but unsure as to wether or not bring the Crash helmet and my goggles . if the Helmet isnt needed then i could sell or swap it on Ebay and use the money to buy a new Real Ale making kit , "Real Ale for men Home brewed in your bath in 5 easy stages" .. If Helmets are compulsory then obviously i will not sell it..

I think I am correct, going by previous threads here, that you have to be in POSSESION of a crash helmet when riding a motor bike, but the law does not actually state that you must wear it, so it seems most just carry it on the handle bars etc.,
Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
They make you stand on one leg on the side of the road, hop up and down, rub your tummy and pat your head while singing land of hope and glory!
LOL Nearly had beer comming down my nose reading that
Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

They take you upto the hills if your're a Brit and shoot you.....then they ring up their mate at the funeral directors and your relatives get a hefty bill and your bike is sold at the auction and proceeds go to the Police xmas fund....

Hi

Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:41 am
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Hi

He s back with another funny story you crack me up big pete ! round where im based in spain everyone rides around with out crash helmets i havent seen anyone getting a TUG yet there s kids as young as 14/15 years old on great big 125/250cc motorX bikes popping wheels up down the strip with no protection on WHAT NUTTERS !
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:02 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

If you get stopped you will get sent home to get your helmet, if the cops feel in a good mood.
But, as mercedes says..... if you dont speak Spanish, beware.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:32 am
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

Hi

Unfortunately you are supposed to actually wear them on your head but the law does state you need to be in possession of them. The laws have tightend up and both my two brats have to wear them all the time! The ones who dont get pulled over and I think they get ordered to do community service which is paid and in turn actually pays for a helmet!!!
Other than that as the other guys say you get shot ro disappeared into the hills (as you stated before thats why so many hills in Spain)

Are you intending to let your long hair flow in the wind??
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:48 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rixxy
Are you intending to let your long hair flow in the wind??
no, just his comb over!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:51 pm

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point

!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:52 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
no, just his comb over!
Poor Pete! sounds like a Hells Angel!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:55 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Rixxy
Poor Pete! sounds like a Hells Angel!
more like a Purgatory Goblin!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.