Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COVID vaccination

COVID vaccination

Old Apr 14th 2021, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Tony Monks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default COVID vaccination

We have lived in Spain for 20 years, we have residencia but we never joined the Spanish health care system as we preferred to have private health care via Sanitas.

now we have been told we cannot have the vaccination unless we have a Spanish health card.

Is this true, if not please tell me what I need to do to get the vaccination.

Regards,

tony.

Last edited by Rosemary; Apr 14th 2021 at 2:49 pm. Reason: corrected title
Old Apr 14th 2021, 2:53 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COVID vaccination

This may help

https://www.healthplanspain.com/blog...-covid-19.html

Old Apr 14th 2021, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

We were in the same position, here's what we did.
Visit your local heath centre, take your residencia cards together with your padron certs and proof of private heath cover. Explain to them that you wish to be placed onto the register temporally, ONLY for the vaccinations and they should enter your details into the system.
We both received phone calls a few days later with appointments for our jabs.

Old Apr 14th 2021, 6:39 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Even though you have a mutua, why would you not want to have a public health service card too if you're entitled to it?

Just curious.
Old Apr 14th 2021, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

The system is working that's for sure but understanding how it works is beyond me. My wife has had her first jab and has a Cita for the second jab. My wife has been registered on the health system 2 months as my dependant on S1. I have been registered 2 1/2 years and have heard absutely nothing about getting any jab. I'm sure there's a logic somewhere, I live in hope.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Females in early 60s seem to be getting the jab but males (like me) mid/late 60s nada (Alicante province)

Sit Rep from El Pais

https://english.elpais.com/society/2...-patients.html

Last edited by spainrico; Apr 15th 2021 at 8:13 am.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
The system is working that's for sure but understanding how it works is beyond me. My wife has had her first jab and has a Cita for the second jab. My wife has been registered on the health system 2 months as my dependant on S1. I have been registered 2 1/2 years and have heard absutely nothing about getting any jab. I'm sure there's a logic somewhere, I live in hope.
Probably to do with age groups? I'm registered with the health system as my husband's dependant. I'm 64 (almost 65) and had my first jab a week ago, my husband is 71 and hasn't been contacted about his first appointment yet. That's because they started vaccinating the 65 to 55 year olds (with the AZ vaccine) in descending order of age, whereas my husband will come near the end of the 79 to 70 age group which they are also currently working their way through in descending order of age, using the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.

They weren't due to start on the 69 to 65 age group until all those in their 70s had had their jabs, don't know if this will change due to the problems with the AZ and now the Janssen vaccines causing delays.

Last edited by Lynn R; Apr 15th 2021 at 8:16 am.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

It's getting more complicated than working out evolution!
Old Apr 15th 2021, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Probably to do with age groups? I'm registered with the health system as my husband's dependant. I'm 64 (almost 65) and had my first jab a week ago, my husband is 71 and hasn't been contacted about his first appointment yet. That's because they started vaccinating the 65 to 55 year olds (with the AZ vaccine) in descending order of age, whereas my husband will come near the end of the 79 to 70 age group which they are also currently working their way through in descending order of age, using the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.
Yes I think you are correct Lynn. My wife is 63 and I'm 67. When they rang her with her Cita they were only giving Astra Zenica to people over a certain age and up to 65. I would probably have been in same catagory as your husband to be vaccinated with one of the other vaccines. Spain decided last week 65 up to 70 can have Astra Zenica, so I guess I and others between 65 and 70 will be caught in a catch up game. Nothing one can do but wait for the phone call. We were very impressed with how they dealt with my wife from initial phone call to actual vaccination it was very straightforward and everyone she dealt with very helpful.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

There is a message from UK Embassy Madrid concerning Expats without health cover and getting the vacuna.

I have tried to post it here but the links don't post correctly. (Why is that?)

Last edited by spainrico; Apr 15th 2021 at 8:27 am.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spainrico
There is a message from UK Embassy Madrid concerning Expats without health cover and getting the vacuna.

I have tried to post it here but the links don't post correctly. (Why is that?)
I came across this last week with info and links. Someone I know who isn't registered used it and managed to get registered for vaccine.
https://english.elpais.com/society/2...n.html?rel=lom
Old Apr 15th 2021, 11:00 am
Just Joined

ludojoey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tony Monks
We have lived in Spain for 20 years, we have residencia but we never joined the Spanish health care system as we preferred to have private health care via Sanitas.

now we have been told we cannot have the vaccination unless we have a Spanish health card.

Is this true, if not please tell me what I need to do to get the vaccination.

Regards,

tony.
Hi,

If you are resident in Andalucia, check this official page:

https://www.sspa.juntadeandalucia.es...istas-privados

Last edited by ludojoey; Apr 15th 2021 at 11:11 am.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COVID vaccination

Originally Posted by big wheels
We were in the same position, here's what we did.
Visit your local heath centre, take your residencia cards together with your padron certs and proof of private heath cover. Explain to them that you wish to be placed onto the register temporally, ONLY for the vaccinations and they should enter your details into the system.
We both received phone calls a few days later with appointments for our jabs.
Friends have done as you have said and have had their appointments. They said it was an easy process.
Old May 28th 2021, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of

After 8 months of battling to get my first injection I used the opportunity of face to face doctor appointments to go and complain about the fact that at 78 years old I had not been contacted. Within an hour my doctor rang to offer me an appointment the next day, but I had to go to another town because they did not do the vaccinations in my village. I went andd had my first injection yesterday and was given an appointment for the second one 21 days later.
Old May 28th 2021, 1:41 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alectryon
After 8 months of battling to get my first injection I used the opportunity of face to face doctor appointments to go and complain about the fact that at 78 years old I had not been contacted. Within an hour my doctor rang to offer me an appointment the next day, but I had to go to another town because they did not do the vaccinations in my village. I went andd had my first injection yesterday and was given an appointment for the second one 21 days later.
Well done with pushing for the vaccine. I am guessing that you had the pfizer seeing that your second one is in 3 weeks time.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.