Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COVID restrictions

COVID restrictions

Old Feb 27th 2021, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future
Default COVID restrictions

Hi all, as you probably know we are flying through the jabs in the UK and it’s looking hopeful that we’re going to be let out to play in the next few months. I’m not hearing anything about the situation in Spain. What restrictions are currently in place. Is there any sign of easing? We did have notification some month back to say our communal garden was out of bounds for CV19 reasons. How strict are things? Kim
Old Feb 27th 2021, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Adeladie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: COVID restrictions

Hi Kim

I recommend visiting Michael's website Info Ayamonte. Michael outlines the current COVID restrictions and posts updates on most days. The situation regarding the communal areas/gardens is down to each community. I think at the moment they are closed but this may change after Easter and I would guess they will all be open for the Summer with social distancing and additional cleaning. The border between Spain and Portugal remains closed until at least the middle of March. The situation in Ayamonte is pretty "normal" with shops, bars and restaurants open, but everything shuts at 6pm. One thing to note is that in my opinion, Mask Wearing will continue to be mandatory for the foreseeable future. Here this is rigorously followed, masks are worn at all times inside and out (public areas) and should only be removed during eating and drinking. As I said, I don't think that this will change until at least after the Summer.

Hope this helps and rest assured Ayamonte will be ready to welcome visitors back.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Thank you very much for that. 😁
Old Feb 28th 2021, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Kim, with regard to the vaccination programme, I had a message from a friend, who lives on CE, last week & she said they have just started the 80s age group. Bryony
Old Feb 28th 2021, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Kim, with regard to the vaccination programme, I had a message from a friend, who lives on CE, last week & she said they have just started the 80s age group. Bryony
10 days ago thursday Ayamonte received 200 doses to commence the 80 and over programme. These were all administered and a further 200 doses were due last Thursday. Our cleaners mother 84 received her first dose. The Salud have me recorded as being 80 but I have not heard anything so far and this week with the bank holiday it maybe another ten days. We stay safe and hope!
Old Feb 28th 2021, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Spain’s record for administrating both doses within 3 weeks is excellent Andalucia is also leading in Spain with Madrid and Valencia not doing well.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Bryony & John, it doesn’t look like Spain will be ready to receive visitors any time soon, think I’ll sow a few vegetable seeds as it seems I’ll be around to tend them this year. 🧅🥬🥦🍅😁. I read Info Ayamonte, what a great source of information. The figures in Huelva do seem quite low. Fingers crossed they get everybody jabbed soon and can open up again. I’m sure you’re missing your lovely lunches. 🙂
Old Mar 1st 2021, 8:27 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Thank you Bryony & John, it doesn’t look like Spain will be ready to receive visitors any time soon, think I’ll sow a few vegetable seeds as it seems I’ll be around to tend them this year. 🧅🥬🥦🍅😁. I read Info Ayamonte, what a great source of information. The figures in Huelva do seem quite low. Fingers crossed they get everybody jabbed soon and can open up again. I’m sure you’re missing your lovely lunches. 🙂
Hi Kim

Its worth also checking the FCO site. Foreign travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Of course we need to satisfy the rules at all sides, getting there crossing Portugal to Spain from Faro (or visiting if flying to Spain) ... then the rules on returning to UK. No-0ne want to spend £1750 and spend 10 days locked in a hotel on returning to the UK! So check any transit rules too if you are flying to Faro, as you usually do, and if not a direct flight any other transit rules at the correspondance airport/country. Also if you have to quarantine on arrival in Spain, it would be a shame too. So I recommend typing in both countries to check on the site when planning a trip and then check the UK rules on return.

Boris has said the goal is to open international travel - or to consider doing it in May I think. The EU are debating vaccine passports too - which may be needed then.

Lets hope you get to visit before the tomatoes grow!

We'll gate-crash your lunch if we are there at the same time, if we may What a dream!

Jon

PS the FCO site is good as it will also point you to the countries 'bueau d'etranger' (foreign visitor site) official site with the official info. Which is important to check at the root of it all.....
... and you can also sign up for free alerts. When something changes in the country you plan to visit (and it does often) you get a mail with a link to the details. Very useful

Be Alert.... we need more lerts!

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 1st 2021 at 8:48 am.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 9:13 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Good post Jon with sensible advice. I am so eager to get to CE, as so many of us are, but have to stick to the rules and certainly would not want to be self isolating in a hotel on return !!

All stay safe and, fingers crossed, a CE meet up when possible
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Currently the position of the Spanish Government is that they will not permit foreign tourism until the end of summer. What that actually means is unclear.
But, I rea​d on a newspaper site that it will depend on the cases per 100,000. Andalucia is predicting around 15th September when it will be reeopening. This could move either way, of course.
MikeJ
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Adeladie is on a distinguished road

Hi Mike, where did you see that? As our understanding is quite different. Here is a link from today's newspaper. https://elpais.com/economia/2021-03-...-europeos.html

I think it is far to say that things are not clear at the moment.

Old Mar 4th 2021, 4:49 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ex Adeladie
Hi Mike, where did you see that? As our understanding is quite different. Here is a link from today's newspaper. https://elpais.com/economia/2021-03-...-europeos.html

This is re UK arrivals, currently restricted till 16/3. Article dated 3/3

https://english.elpais.com/society/2...-march-16.html

i agree its not clear, but I sort of understand that. Many are asking for guarantees re dates, but in a pandemic, with variants coming out, I dont see how any politicians can guarantee much.

Jon
Old Mar 4th 2021, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ex Adeladie

Hi
Pedro Sancho announced the "late summer" in Parliament.
Here is one link - not the one I wanted - but I says the same thing: That Spain will open its borders to tourism when the vaccination rate is 70%
Currently this target will be hit in Andalucia around 15 September. Of course, if the vaccination process speeds up and they start to use the AZ vaccine as well then this date may be sooner.
I still have a ferry ticket booked for 1st September so I have a vested interest in being wrong.
Spain travel restrictions: New Covid vaccination rules throw UK summer holidays into uncertainty (inews.co.uk)
Spain holidays: When can we travel to Spain in 2021? | Travel News | Travel | Express.co.uk
You searched for covid travel restriction - Page 2 of 25 (euroweeklynews.com)

Mike J
Old Mar 4th 2021, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

maverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond repute

There will be nothing left to reopen , if Tourism is banned this upcoming summer. And in Fact, Spain will adopt his policy to other European countries who are also very much depended on the Tourism Industrie like for instance Greece , They will open on May 1 st for people who are vaccinated.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 7:06 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by maverik
There will be nothing left to reopen , if Tourism is banned this upcoming summer. And in Fact, Spain will adopt his policy to other European countries who are also very much depended on the Tourism Industrie like for instance Greece , They will open on May 1 st for people who are vaccinated.
This is looking bad.... I cant see how the travel industry, as a whole (including the knock on businesses like eg hospitality) can survive another summer/high season of no effective revenue. So yes nothing (much) left to reopen!!

Mike's article is clear to me.. and confirms the earlier statement.... quote

"When can we travel to Spain again?
Spain’s Prime Minister said the nation will not welcome international tourists until the “end of the summer”, Euro Weekly News reported.

Pedro Sánchez said Spain will “progressively” prepare to welcome international tourists once 70 percent of Spain’s population has been vaccinated against Covid-19"

However, on the plus side, (if there is one... )

1) Cyprus will allow entry in the summer for those who can prove they've had the 2 jabs. That may be a catalyst.

2) Scientists are studying whether the jabs, though protecting the recipient, also reduce the transmission of the virus. If we are all asymptomatic post-jabs, we are ok, but can still be carriers. If so, you cant let even vaccinated people in. Or make the tough decision re the economy + increasing health risk of opening the borders. In which case I, personally, can understand the 70% vaccination target before allowing tourism. But I've seen preliminary studies that suggest we carry less virus post jabs And herd immunity means we are carrying less too

3) The EU are looking at vaccine passports, (though point 2 still applies) which if implemented might be a big catalyst. However as Mike knows, I am not confident that the EU can make + implement these sorts of decisions quickly. Especially as there is a huge discussion with 27 countries around the hoary subject of civil liberties. Summer isn't far away!!

After a year of lockdown the 'tea leaves' re travel are not good. Here in the EU the vaccination rate is so low vs UK - meaning foreign tourism is further restricted as in 2 and 3 above. I have no idea when we will get vaccinated here in the EU. I have a weekly call with lifelong friends (we grew up on the same street 50++ years ago) I'm delighted that they've all been jabbed once. In fact everyone I know in the UK, in my agegroup has had it.

They say patience is the mother of all virtue... I have no choice but to be patient... Lets hope not the kind in hospital.!!

Jon (the virtuous one )

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 5th 2021 at 7:26 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.