coupling

Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

baz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nice
Default coupling

Hi, we have air-conditioning in both bedrooms with two units stuck on the outside of the house. This heat as made me realize that we need it in the lounge but I don’t want another ugly unit stuck outside. Now I know you can’t have two outlets run of one unit (efficiently) at the same time but surely there must be some sort of coupling that would allow you to run one or the other. When I suggest this to the plumbers (British) they purse there lips and say ’sorry can’t be done mate’. anybody know better.
Barry
Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: coupling

Originally Posted by baz259
Hi, we have air-conditioning in both bedrooms with two units stuck on the outside of the house. This heat as made me realize that we need it in the lounge but I don’t want another ugly unit stuck outside. Now I know you can’t have two outlets run of one unit (efficiently) at the same time but surely there must be some sort of coupling that would allow you to run one or the other. When I suggest this to the plumbers (British) they purse there lips and say ’sorry can’t be done mate’. anybody know better.
Barry
I think they are right

You would have to start again, it is possible to buy outside units that run 2 or 3 inside units
Old Jul 24th 2009, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

wilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nice

you can not, and must not tap into air conditioning, its not the same as central heating, you will need a bigger condensing unit outside to handle the 3 indoor evaporator units, or add one more for your lounge, always get a bigger condensing unit, at the start so you can add to it later, if you need more indoor units. The plumbers are correct, having said that, alot of "Plumbers" are not air con engineers".

Last edited by wilki; Jul 24th 2009 at 2:52 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 24th 2009, 5:42 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to add, I hoped this thread would be about a different type of "coupling".
Oh well, you cant win em all..........

Regards,

JLFS