Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Counselling in Lanzarote

Counselling in Lanzarote

Old Mar 1st 2012, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Rose502012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Counselling in Lanzarote

Hi everyone. I have a private counselling therapy practice in the UK. I love what I do but would dearly like to relocate the business to Lanzarote. I am wondering what part would be the best place to set up a counselling business? I need to be somewhere where there are enough English speaking people who would be clients. They need to be people who actually live on the island, not holiday makers.

Also I am a non-driver so would need to be near public transport.

I am a sea-side person, not a mountain person.

I currently have a number of clients around the globe. However I would need to also have local clients. I would appreciate any thoughts, ideas and feedback from ex-pats living in Lanzarote at the moment.

Thank you and all the best.
Marlene
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:48 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Counselling in Lanzarote

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 1st 2012, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of counselling do you do, and I'm assuming given you specify English clients that it would either just be you and/or you speak English but no other languages? And why not holiday-makers? Because of the likely length of a course of treatment?
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Rose502012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello thank you for your response. Yes I speak English only and a smattering of Spanish but not enough for working with emotionally vulnerable people.
I help people with the following issues

Feeling stressed and depressed
Having Panic Attacks and phobias
Relationship difficulties
Low self-esteem and lack of confidence
Coping with loss or bereavement
Life transitions and wondering what the future holds
Wanting to change unhelpful patterns of behaviour, eg. unhealthy eating habits
self-harming, addiction.
Wanting to be assertive rather than angry and aggressive.
The impact of physical, emotional or sexual abuse

I am integrative, using different methods of therapy according to the client's unique needs.
I am wondering if there would be interest in this kind of counselling for people in the area? I know many people move abroad and are happy, whislt others take their problems with them and it is good to work through them in counselling.
(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Mar 4th 2012 at 11:51 am. Reason: Please dont advertise or post your wen site on the forums, thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

I thought all the Brits in Lanzarote went there to chill out, I thought they were totally relaxed already.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 1:46 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rose502012
Hello thank you for your response. Yes I speak English only and a smattering of Spanish but not enough for working with emotionally vulnerable people.
I help people with the following issues

Feeling stressed and depressed
Having Panic Attacks and phobias
Relationship difficulties
Low self-esteem and lack of confidence
Coping with loss or bereavement
Life transitions and wondering what the future holds
Wanting to change unhelpful patterns of behaviour, eg. unhealthy eating habits
self-harming, addiction.
Wanting to be assertive rather than angry and aggressive.
The impact of physical, emotional or sexual abuse

I am integrative, using different methods of therapy according to the client's unique needs.
I am wondering if there would be interest in this kind of counselling for people in the area? I know many people move abroad and are happy, whislt others take their problems with them and it is good to work through them in counselling.
(SNIP)
There used to be a councillor here in Playa del Ingles.. He went back to the UK ..No one went to him..he got a job in a Bar...

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Mar 4th 2012 at 11:52 am. Reason: Quote edited
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 1:50 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

By the way.. Good luck to you.. But make sure you dont burn your bridges at home and keep your house ,dont sell it..
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Problem you may have is that the ones with dosh are happy and the unhappy ones are skint, can't afford the sessions and trying to get back to blighty.

Best of luck though.