council tax

Old Nov 4th 2008, 6:46 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: council tax

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
I would say that taking fees and taxes in respect of a property they subsequently claim to be illegal is tantamount to fraud.
I think that is why so many from the council etc are still in jail.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

moblies is an unknown quantity at this point

we've had a place in Daya Nueva for about 3 years and the Council Tax is billed by a company called SUMA offices in Almoradi.

We get the bill for about €155 in end of July and payable by the 4th October. There is also a charge for the Dustbin Collections which is €55 per year billed in Feb time again by SUMA.

We are usually there so pay in cash at the bank. If your late they charge you a few euro's.

Our Solicitor set this up for us and we just waited for the bills to come.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:07 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I think that is why so many from the council etc are still in jail.
Even if your house is illigal the council taxes are for the council sevices provided I would think.So it wouldnt be wrong for them to take your money
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I was thinking about the transfer taxes etc. paid on purchase or actos jurídicos on construction which are paid to the very authority that then declares them illegal.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:21 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

I too know people who have an illegal property (bought in good faith I hasten to add) and all their taxes are fully paid-up, even though there is a court case pending to have it demolished.

This is Spain remember, no 'joined-up thinking'..
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:54 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moblies
we've had a place in Daya Nueva for about 3 years and the Council Tax is billed by a company called SUMA offices in Almoradi.

We get the bill for about €155 in end of July and payable by the 4th October. There is also a charge for the Dustbin Collections which is €55 per year billed in Feb time again by SUMA.

We are usually there so pay in cash at the bank. If your late they charge you a few euro's.

Our Solicitor set this up for us and we just waited for the bills to come.
SUMA isn't a company, it's just the term for your council taxes and all other taxes like your vehicle tax. Not all people pay for the rubbish collections, where we lived that was included in our community charge.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mikelincs
SUMA isn't a company, it's just the term for your council taxes and all other taxes like your vehicle tax. Not all people pay for the rubbish collections, where we lived that was included in our community charge.
From www.suma.es

Suma is a public body, set up by the Provincial Council of Alicante in 1990. Our mission is to administer and collect municipal taxes for the Town Councils of the province of Alicante. We are a local administrative organisation and our responsibilities in tax administration and collection are delegated by town councils and other Administration bodies.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

glennc is an unknown quantity at this point

We have a property in the campo and our council tax is taken by D.D every 2 months, the house isn't completed yet, but we assume that this is all we have to pay, should we be expecting the shock of another bill, wev'e been paying this for over 12 months now, but I agree with others that they may just not be telling us.

Glenn
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:45 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
I was thinking about the transfer taxes etc. paid on purchase or actos jurídicos on construction which are paid to the very authority that then declares them illegal.
ah yes then I can see your point.I myself would call that fraud or legal theft.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:53 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by glennc
We have a property in the campo and our council tax is taken by D.D every 2 months, the house isn't completed yet, but we assume that this is all we have to pay, should we be expecting the shock of another bill, wev'e been paying this for over 12 months now, but I agree with others that they may just not be telling us.

Glenn
I dont know about your area but our council tax bills come in once a year. 2 together.one for 298 euro odd cents and one for 42 euro odd cents.That for the whole year