Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Council Regulation 1408/71

Old May 16th 2010, 6:53 pm
Banned

crustycrab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Council Regulation 1408/71

Is this still correct, as this Regulation seems to be the best chance I have at my written appeal, as mine is a new claim from Spain.

I quote "Where the granting of a disability or invalidity benefit covered by paragraph 1 is subject, under the legislation of a Member State, to the condition that the disability or invalidity should be diagnosed for the first time in the territory of that Member State, this condition shall be deemed to be fulfilled were such diagnosis is made for the first time in the territory of another Member State. The past presence criteria also relates to new claims where the UK remains the competent State.

Thank you
Old May 16th 2010, 7:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Council Regulation 1408/71

Originally Posted by crustycrab
Is this still correct, as this Regulation seems to be the best chance I have at my written appeal, as mine is a new claim from Spain.

I quote "Where the granting of a disability or invalidity benefit covered by paragraph 1 is subject, under the legislation of a Member State, to the condition that the disability or invalidity should be diagnosed for the first time in the territory of that Member State, this condition shall be deemed to be fulfilled were such diagnosis is made for the first time in the territory of another Member State. The past presence criteria also relates to new claims where the UK remains the competent State.

Thank you
Ask a lawyer to read paragraph 1 and tell you what he thinks, cos what we say is irrelevant as we have no legal understanding of the questions you post.
Old May 16th 2010, 8:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Ask a lawyer to read paragraph 1 and tell you what he thinks, cos what we say is irrelevant as we have no legal understanding of the questions you post.
Don´t you mean "question", not "questions".

Not to be rude, but do you speak for everyone of this forum!

I will wait to see if anyone can shed some light on this as it is a well known point of law and relevant for anyone trying to claim DLA.
Old May 16th 2010, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

I will wait to see if anyone can shed some light on this as it is a well known point of law and relevant for anyone trying to claim DLA.
I agree with jdr. I know you have problems with this but why not spend £100 or so on a couple of hours of lawyer time to get this sorted once and for all?

Then you can concentrate your energies into comething more productive
Old May 16th 2010, 8:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by cricketman
I agree with jdr. I know you have problems with this but why not spend £100 or so on a couple of hours of lawyer time to get this sorted once and for all?

Then you can concentrate your energies into comething more productive
I would if I had 100 pounds spare. And also because I live in Spain, I don´t know if the lawyers would know anything about this, or even what kind of lawyers would know.

Thanks anyway
Old May 17th 2010, 8:03 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

CC, I have no idea either .... I suspect this is so complex that none of us would be able to give you a definitive answer
Old May 18th 2010, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

why not contact the citizens advice in the UK write or phone
Old May 18th 2010, 10:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by dunmovin
why not contact the citizens advice in the UK write or phone
Done that already, but I will check again.

Thanks
Old May 18th 2010, 3:47 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

hi there i can see why you call your self crusty crap get of your high horse if you want help then calm down chill
Old May 18th 2010, 4:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Book a ticket HERE
Old May 18th 2010, 5:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by helenba
hi there i can see why you call your self crusty crap get of your high horse if you want help then calm down chill
What a strange post
Old May 18th 2010, 5:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Book a ticket HERE
Thank you, but it is too far for me to travel. Do you know if this will be going to Costa del Sol, Fungirola area?
Old May 18th 2010, 5:09 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, but it is too far for me to travel. Do you know if this will be going to Costa del Sol, Fungirola area?
Theres a phone number on there. Phone them and see what they are offering in the costa del sol

Jo xx
Old May 18th 2010, 5:11 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Why not try to get in touch with the Help the Aged or the British legion, I know this may be out of their services but they must have members with the same questions as you have about certain benefits.

It seems more likely that you will get some relevant info from members of organisations that help Brits abroad, because all we can offer is an opinion and not a very studied one at that.
Old May 18th 2010, 5:12 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

heres where they are tomorrow, I think they're running a garden party in Fuengirola - they've mentioned it on the forum, so you should have ssen it

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667944

Jo x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.