Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Council Parking Ticket

Council Parking Ticket

Old Sep 15th 2017, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Council Parking Ticket

I got a council ( NOT Garda Civil) Parking Ticket in Calpe on my UK regd car-but I return home before the council reopens

Will I get chased for this back in U.K.?

Thanks
Old Sep 15th 2017, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Council Parking Ticket

Hope so
Old Sep 15th 2017, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond repute

Why?
What a daft reply
Old Sep 15th 2017, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

You broke the law and are trying to evade a fine, now that really shows the forum your true colours.(And your IQ)
Old Sep 15th 2017, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rub your two brain cells together and then show me where's I said I am trying to avoid it!

Tomorrow's the weekend and I return to Uk on Sunday. Only got it 2 hours ago

If you cannot grasp the info in a post it's best you don't comment on it

It's ironic you of all people mention IQ!

Last edited by Dondurma; Sep 15th 2017 at 7:06 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dondurma
Rub your two brain cells together and then show me where's I said I am trying to avoid it!

Tomorrow's the weekend and I return to Uk on Sunday. Only got it 2 hours ago

If you cannot grasp the info in a post it's best you don't comment on it

It's ironic you of all people mention IQ!
Drrrrrrr Ever thought of paying it on line ? by bank transfer ? bank card over the phone ? via Policia Local, or even an envelope with the cash in with a copy of the ticket through the letter box ? or do you really think people who dont live local travel all the way back to pay a ticket?
Old Sep 15th 2017, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

There's absolutely no instructions, physical address, online or otherwise on it of how to pay it

I will of course try and contact Calpe council by email when I get home but as I say there's no payment instructions on the ticket

Getting back to my original query anyone else with sensible info or tips I would appreciate input
Old Sep 15th 2017, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Policia Local.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 7:48 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Council parking tickets are issued by parking wardens paid for by the council, nothing to do with the police, unless it was illegal parking as opposed to metered zones.

There are many varied ways of paying fines depending on the area. We have blue zone metered parking and you can pay the fine at the ticket machine, if you notice the ticket in time. We also use a phone app to pay in the the first place and you can pay the fine through the app.

As for being chased for the fine, less likely with a foreign registered car, but could be tricky with a Spanish car.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers Fred
Appreciate it

My problem as I have highlighted isn't paying the fine- it's time

. I leave on Sunday and the council ain't open betwixt now and then

I will however write to them to find out how I can pay. I want it sorted before they start sending threatening letters to my UK address

Thanks again
Old Sep 15th 2017, 8:07 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Pay it, the eu are providing the framework for your local country to chase you for the fine - so you hear nothing for 6 months then a civil enforcement officer in the uk knocks on your door with a 500 quid bill... Or we have brexit...
Old Sep 15th 2017, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers
I will def pay just worried I get it sorted in time

Thanks for your advice
Old Sep 15th 2017, 8:49 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dondurma
I got a council ( NOT Garda Civil) Parking Ticket in Calpe on my UK regd car-but I return home before the council reopens

Will I get chased for this back in U.K.?

Thanks
You have more chance of winning the lottery IMO.
Old Sep 16th 2017, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

UPDATE

Was annoying me that much that we drove right back to scene of the crime today

Spoke with very nice traffic warden who showed me how to pay for an unbelievably cheap €4.50

All sorted and thanks to everyone for replies
Old Sep 16th 2017, 2:10 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

was it go to the parking ticket maschine??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.