Costs

Old Feb 22nd 2016, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Soowo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Costs

Hi, I am in need of some advice, my husband and I are thinking of moving to benidorm, we would like to buy a caravan to live in. My husband will be 65 and receive basic state pension, I am 62. Will he get free health care, he currently takes tablets for high blood pressure. I will have no income so how much would it be for healthcare, I also take tablets. After we pay our ground rent and other camp costs and food are there any other things such as taxes we would have to pay each month, we will have money from the sale of our house but are just trying to find out roughly how much we would be paying out each month after ground rent and food, we would be grateful for any advice
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 4:23 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costs

Originally Posted by Soowo
Hi, I am in need of some advice, my husband and I are thinking of moving to benidorm, we would like to buy a caravan to live in. My husband will be 65 and receive basic state pension, I am 62. Will he get free health care, he currently takes tablets for high blood pressure. I will have no income so how much would it be for healthcare, I also take tablets. After we pay our ground rent and other camp costs and food are there any other things such as taxes we would have to pay each month, we will have money from the sale of our house but are just trying to find out roughly how much we would be paying out each month after ground rent and food, we would be grateful for any advice
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Post again in the Spain forum, where you'll find plenty of folk to advise
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 4:53 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 4:53 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I have moved your post over to the Spain forum to save you reposting.

Rosemary
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

My advice would be not to sell your house. Rent it out and rent in Spain. Once you sell in the Uk, if that is your only property. It will be difficult to go back to the uk if Spain doesn't turn out as expected.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 10:01 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

So you're planning to move to Spain with no income other than your husband's basic state pension? Will you be eligible for a state pension at 65? If so, will it be a full pension?
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 1:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where do you intend living in the winter?
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 2:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not been to Benidorm since 1974, I remember a Brothel in a.German Holiday Camp, most odd.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 7:40 am
Just Joined

PS51 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnnyone
My advice would be not to sell your house. Rent it out and rent in Spain. Once you sell in the Uk, if that is your only property. It will be difficult to go back to the uk if Spain doesn't turn out as expected.
This would me my advice too, without knowing more facts. Good luck
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 7:53 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

As long as one of you is elegible for UK state pension then BOTH of you would be able to register for the Spanish NHS, so no need for private cover. Just ensure you get the S1 form from the DWP and ensure that you ask for yourself to be included as his wife, that will allow both of you to be registered. You would receive healthcare in the same way a Spanish pensioner does, I believe there is a small fee to pay for prescriptions now, but others will tell you.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs
As long as one of you is elegible for UK state pension then BOTH of you would be able to register for the Spanish NHS, so no need for private cover. Just ensure you get the S1 form from the DWP and ensure that you ask for yourself to be included as his wife, that will allow both of you to be registered. You would receive healthcare in the same way a Spanish pensioner does, I believe there is a small fee to pay for prescriptions now, but others will tell you.
For approximately 4 years pensioners had to pay 10% of the cost of prescriptions but recently it changed back to not paying at all.

Rosemary
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
For approximately 4 years pensioners had to pay 10% of the cost of prescriptions but recently it changed back to not paying at all.

Rosemary
We still have to pay a small amount for prescription meds in Benidorm

I think it's only in the Valentia region that it's exempt so far.

Steve

Last edited by tebo53; Feb 23rd 2016 at 11:07 am. Reason: Additional information
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Mina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond repute

My parents are (Spanish) retired people in the Valencian area and they pay nothing for their medication now, indeed.

In case you wanted to know how much the tablets you take would cost here, roughly, I could look it up for you.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by tebo53
We still have to pay a small amount for prescription meds in Benidorm

I think it's only in the Valentia region that it's exempt so far.

Steve
Thanks for clarifying. I wonder why Valencia is the only region and whether others will follow suit shortly.

Rosemary
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

You can get BP tabs and cholesterol tabs over the counter, without prescription, at the local farmacia in Benidorm, a months supply for about €2.40 for both.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.