Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Tropicale

Costa Tropicale

Old Nov 15th 2005, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Cheyenne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Costa Tropicale

Although I am familiar with most coastal regions of Spain, I had never heard of the Costa Tropicale until a friend told me about it recently, insisting that it is THE place to buy property in Spain right now.

Although I would love to believe that it is so far quite unspoilt and even benefits from a warmer climate during winter, I am having trouble doing so given its proximity to Malaga.

Can anyone who knows this stretch of coastline tell me why, if this is in fact true, it has not yet become as built up as for example the Costa del Sol or the Costa Blanca?

Many thanks for any information offered.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Tropicale

We've stayed several times (on holiday) in Salobrena, and it is a lovely town and area to explore. The coastal area between Salobrena and the port of Motril is mainly agricultural (sugar cane and tropical fruits - mangoes, chirimoyas,etc.), but not as over-crowded with polytunnels as it is further east towards Almeria. The mountains (Sierra Nevada) and Alpujarras are nearby, too, so perhaps all this has resulted in less building. The new motorway (connecting Cadiz and Barcelona via the coasts) is being built inland a bit, and recently there has been a tragic construction accident near Almunecar.
Almunecar has an International school, too.
The Granadinos love driving down to the costa tropical for the weekends, and it can be lively during the summer. Ryanair now fly in to Granada airport.
Property prices have doubled in the last 5 years...like most other places...
Regards,
Carol
Old Nov 17th 2005, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Tropicale

Hi
I live on the Costa Tropical and have done so for more than two years. We are not that close to Malaga as you seem to think, To go there we really would need to make a day of it. It is not biult up as we are quite mountainous, not like further along the coast, prices though are going up rather fast as people are discovering for themselves the delights we have here. If you like "Bingo etc" then it is not the place for you.
Re Salobrena that is midway along the Costa Tropical as you continue along you leave the reative hub-bub of the town and find smaller coastal villages. I am not knocking Saloberna just explaining the differences.
It is not for everyone but it is very pretty with the Alpujarra's and Granada so close with the white cap muntains just a stones throw away and the warm sea next door.
regards pwwm