Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Tropical or Peñiscola?

Costa Tropical or Peñiscola?

Old Dec 19th 2018, 8:38 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Tropical or Peñiscola?

Congratulations! You will love it there - we do!
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

almendro is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are active there are walking and hiking groups in Almuñecar
I can't put a link because I have not written 5 posts

But put sexi senderistas into google and you will find it.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

I have never not found parking in the big car park in front of lidl except for Fridays.
There is a big underground car park at the paseo de altillo down by the sea.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Ysgf24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Almendro, will try it out. Does anyone know of any art groups around? English speaking or spanish?
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

The Almuñecar women's group has a lot of social activities and they will know about any art's activities

https://aiwg.weebly.com/

There are quite a few 80s style (all men are rapists) feminists in the group but it might be a good way to meet new people.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 8:46 am
Just Joined

So, we are getting established and finding our way around and looking forward to moving in to the house sometime in January - bureaucracy and lawyers permitting. When we do, there are bound to be things to clear. Are there charity shops as there are in the UK who would accept donations? Or any tips on disposing of used furniture and household items?
Old Jan 5th 2019, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

There are charity shops in most towns although not as many as in the UK. There are also recycling centres. Our latest Spanish purchase included all the furniture and other goods including cutlery and toys etc, none of which we wanted.
We didn't have any trouble getting rid of it using a combination of acquaintances, charity shops, and the recycling centre. Also much of the smaller stuff we left by the bins and this stuff disappeared so quickly I couldn't believe it.
Good luck with your move.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Bridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by almendro
The Almuñecar women's group has a lot of social activities and they will know about any art's activities

https://aiwg.weebly.com/

There are quite a few 80s style (all men are rapists) feminists in the group but it might be a good way to meet new people.
I go to their monthly coffee when we are in Almunecar not met any all men are rapists feminists...but I'm sure some will smile when I tell them next week.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Hornets_Nest will become famous soon enough

I visit Almunecar every year and love the area and the people. There is a good mix of nationalities and transport links to Malaga and Granada are excellent. We always trip into the Alpujaras and spend a few nights in Llanjaron and when I can get away with it I attend a football match at Granada CF. For me the area has everything that I would want as it is quite lively and there is always something going on but then there are no doubt other areas that tick these boxes. I would like to have a look at Cadiz before I make my final decision.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Bridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hornets_Nest
I visit Almunecar every year and love the area and the people. There is a good mix of nationalities and transport links to Malaga and Granada are excellent. We always trip into the Alpujaras and spend a few nights in Llanjaron and when I can get away with it I attend a football match at Granada CF. For me the area has everything that I would want as it is quite lively and there is always something going on but then there are no doubt other areas that tick these boxes. I would like to have a look at Cadiz before I make my final decision.
Last September on our way down to Almunecar we did a tour visiting several places Oviedo, Compostella, Caceres, Cordoba (my favourite!) and Cadiz. We were really disappointed with Cadiz although it does have fabulous beaches. It's a working town like Almunecar which is OK just not the same friendly feel-maybe just too big for us!
Old Jan 7th 2019, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

We enjoyed Cadiz and lived Sanlucar de Barrameda. But apparently it is very windy in summer there and, what really swung our decision in favour of the Codta Tropical, the area around there is so flat that the houses do not have the magnificent views we can enjoy here. We are so happy that we decided on Almuñecar.