British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   The Costa 'is it raining there' thread.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/costa-raining-there-thread-588455/)

jdr Feb 4th 2009 7:20 pm

Re: The Costa 'is it raining there' thread....

Originally Posted by fionamw (Post 7250936)
Woodman delivered yesterday - good news! Except that was when the sky was relatively clear & I failed to do what every sensible person should do & bring some (dry) wood inside heaped up to the rafters...... instead of which I procrastinated. Bad move:o even tho' I covered the heap with plastic, it's just toooo nasty to go & fetch any in!!
Our track (about 1 in 3 or worse in places) is now mostly various tributary streams for the gushing torrent way down in the abyss that is the arroyo!!!!
Even Sebastian (woodman) seemed flabbergasted that we've had 'winter' since November & now it's Feb, he said Dec/Jan was the norm. Oh well c'est la vie a ce moment - don't know the equivalent in Spanish!

Been chucking it down all night, slowed down to normal rain now. Aaaaah

It is now, black as Newgates knocker over the sea and sunny over the mountains and here. lol

Lionda Feb 4th 2009 8:04 pm

Raining here today :( and there are workmen in next door drilling and banging :frown: if it carries on much longer we will have to go out whether the rain stops or not.

trentino Feb 4th 2009 8:47 pm

Apparently 40 litres of rain dropped in the last 12 hours, they have now lifted the drought order in Malaga:thumbsup:

SaritaBarcelona Feb 4th 2009 10:42 pm

es lo que hay...

jdr Feb 5th 2009 12:40 am

Originally Posted by trentino (Post 7251113)
Apparently 40 litres of rain dropped in the last 12 hours, they have now lifted the drought order in Malaga:thumbsup:

That must be per square centimeter. ;-)

genegenie Feb 5th 2009 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Lionda (Post 7251041)
Raining here today :( and there are workmen in next door drilling and banging :frown: if it carries on much longer we will have to go out whether the rain stops or not.

Oh dear, how sad. Never mind. :p :p

Lionda Feb 5th 2009 3:40 am

Originally Posted by genegenie (Post 7252530)
Oh dear, how sad. Never mind. :p :p

Stayed in, the noise wasn't too bad after the initial banging and drilling. Hubby, daughter and her b/f practicing their stage acts so all is not lost :p

bil.w Feb 5th 2009 5:51 am

Near Vejer, where the old La Janda lagoon used to be, the river has burst its banks, and you can imagine how it used to look back when it was all under water.

crispy Feb 6th 2009 2:28 am

Wednesday night's storm knocked my internet connection out (only just got it back) and to make matters worse woke up Thursday morning with no voice (still no voice, doc says can't talk for at least 4days:eek:)

Last night I very nearly gave up my will to live, no talking, no forums:( no rain today just a very chilly wind and I have INTERNET:thumbsup:

jdr Feb 6th 2009 2:30 am

Originally Posted by crispy (Post 7256727)
Wednesday night's storm knocked my internet connection out (only just got it back) and to make matters worse woke up Thursday morning with no voice (still no voice, doc says can't talk for at least 4days:eek:)

Last night I very nearly gave up my will to live, no talking, no forums:( no rain today just a very chilly wind and I have INTERNET:thumbsup:

I thought it had gone quiet here. lol

Hope you get better soon. ;-)

Mitzyboy Feb 6th 2009 2:38 am

Originally Posted by crispy (Post 7256727)

Blimey ... I wondered where you had gone

I was telling people that the weather was sunny here earlier, went in the garden, and it started blowing a gale and raining
:(

jdr Feb 6th 2009 3:00 am

Been sunny all day here , but windy and cold 15c in the shade.

fionamw Feb 6th 2009 3:17 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 7256842)
Been sunny all day here , but windy and cold 15c in the shade.

:mad: Sadist. after 5hours worth of incinerated oak, the living room is at 15c
:lol:

cavecritter Feb 6th 2009 9:02 am

Ive been in Andalucia today and it started snowing there!!!

fionamw Feb 6th 2009 9:52 am

Originally Posted by cavecritter (Post 7258075)
Ive been in Andalucia today and it started snowing there!!!

Bit too generalised, I'm afraid. You can see snow from here - but only above a certain height, which thanks to duff Spanish cartography I can't hope to identify!