Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri Villas

Costa Esuri Villas

Old Apr 23rd 2014, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

maxwell2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Costa Esuri Villas

hi there
I wonder if I could ask for some help and info.
we came over last year for a holiday and rented a villa for a week, from a lady we know . Apart from the shock of only half the resort built, the family loved the whole holiday

We are at that tipping point (still working in the uk) thinking about the future and to buy something. I personally felt there was so much to do, lots of beaches nearby and really everything I want from a holiday and potentially a holiday home.

I have looked on line and obviously the prices are fantastic value at this time.
I want to ask of whether there are any hidden costs, that you are aware of that you could advise of.

love the place and potential there is immense and of course at some stage ! it will all happen...

hope you can help Nick&Judy
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri Villas

Originally Posted by maxwell2014
hi there
we came over last year for a holiday and rented a villa for a week, from a lady we know . Apart from the shock of only half the resort built, the family loved the whole holiday

We are at that tipping point (still working in the uk) thinking about the future and to buy something. I personally felt there was so much to do, lots of beaches nearby and really everything I want from a holiday and potentially a holiday home.

I have looked on line and obviously the prices are fantastic value at this time.
I want to ask of whether there are any hidden costs, that you are aware of that you could advise of.

love the place and potential there is immense and of course at some stage ! it will all happen...

Hi and welcome.
There is something about this area that is special. One word of advice you should heed above all other is to choose your lawyer for the purchase carefully.don't use the ones the estate agents recommend. When we bought our place we called the uk law society to recommend a good lawfirm. And we engaged one from Marbella if memory serves me correct.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

What happens to property prices if the golf club fails to reopen?
What may look a good deal now may look expensive in that scenario.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at some of the other threads on the Ayamonte Club sub-forum, others have been where you are looking:
eg
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=809950

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806987

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805039
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:42 pm
Sandra & Munty

Sandraphleb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maxwell2014
hi there

Hello

As a "newby", All I can say is that already this place feels like home, we purchased in January this year. Yes, there is a lot of building to be done, and perhaps not as much facilities on the doorstep but there is so much to discover, the beaches are beautiful, the people are friendly, the town has everything that we want. ( Friday night in the plazas and the buz from the children playing and the music playing). We did a lot of research and spent a lot of time on this forum, where we were given all the information we needed to help form our decision to buy.

I hope that helps.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

irlanda is an unknown quantity at this point

and also Villa Real San Antonio, 15 minutes across the Gaudiana by ferry to Portugal, is a very pleasant town to visit and shop.
enjoy your new holiday home in the sun with your family.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnnyone
What happens to property prices if the golf club fails to reopen?
What may look a good deal now may look expensive in that scenario.
I'm not sure that will make a huge difference, as prices are giveaway already and my guess is that it's a relatively small percentage of owners that actually use the course (and before I get kicked, I have no stats to back up my comment but, if the course was popular, then it wouldn't have closed). The closure of the clubhouse and its facilities is a loss to everyone, so really hoping VV opens pdq.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by irlanda
and also Villa Real San Antonio, 15 minutes across the Gaudiana by ferry to Portugal, is a very pleasant town to visit and shop.
enjoy your new holiday home in the sun with your family.
Irlanda you should remember what you posted in the past.
HI All
my wife and I are golf nuts who fell for Costa Esuri and the 2 golf courses ,hook line and sinker.we booked a lovely apartment in Rago 1 Block 6 first floor [with large terrace overlooking pool ]and adjacent to Golf course 2 in Sept 2005 [due for comp circa June 2007.]
we have been down many times and love the area particularly the old town of Ayamonte and Isla Canela.
In our humble opinion and in spite of the political posturing of the Geens CE is a fantastic development and in a few years with the hotels, marina [yes it will happen] and all the facilities ;it wil be a first rate resort.
regretably due to family circumstances we are unable to fulfill our dream and relocate to the sun. If anyone is interested in taking over from us please send me a pm.
eduardo
Old Apr 24th 2014, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Costa Esuri Villas

Originally Posted by AndyS
I'm not sure that will make a huge difference, as prices are giveaway already and my guess is that it's a relatively small percentage of owners that actually use the course (and before I get kicked, I have no stats to back up my comment but, if the course was popular, then it wouldn't have closed). The closure of the clubhouse and its facilities is a loss to everyone, so really hoping VV opens pdq.
It's very popular now Andy,with some of us now anyways!
Old Apr 24th 2014, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
It's very popular now Andy,with some of us now anyways!
Old Apr 25th 2014, 2:00 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
Fully agree. The GC loss is sad for everyone. Its a public facility for CE and beyond, all welcome... And there's thankfully no 'us and them' here re golf vs non-golf. Though I think there was a feeling, sadly, that there was an 'us and them' Spanish vs Brits, IMO with the last management. Something any potential new business owner needs to kill I feel from day 1. Crazy, IMO, to alienate a large %of the PAYING community, and a real shame not to create a comunity feel.

VV have been handed a great opportunity 'on a plate' IMO... (Pun intended). Bring Spanish I feel confident that VV will create a fully inclusive environment... Something to really look forward to!

I still think there is a limited financial downside for buyers as the pricing is so low. Even without the golf. As non-golfers I think its clear that we really enjoy this corner of the world and what it offers. Golfers have that AND a selection of great courses within a short or shortish drive (in the car, I mean )

However if there is a golf complex and marina, then IMO this would underpin property prices going forward and allow us to start to hope for some pricing increases in the future, from these current (crazily cheap) prices.

We bought pre-crisis and even though it grates that we have 'lost' 60-70%, it offers a real opportunity for post-crisis buyers. New golf-complexes, marina's, investment, facilities like pharmacies, busses etc would only make it even better, and improve investment potential for new buyers..... And recoup some losses for us 'old hands' .... So we all wait for some good news.... And can get really excited about new businesses (eg VV) and great rumours that pop up from time to time

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 25th 2014 at 2:10 am.
Old Apr 26th 2014, 6:07 am
Sandra & Munty

Sandraphleb is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Costa Esuri Villas

As Sandra said a few days ago, we already feel at home in CE and look forward to exploring more of the area. We were about to join the Golf Club figuring we only needed to play 20 rounds a year each to make it pay, however, it seems we were lucky not to pay 1600 Euros
What about all of the Members who paid their subscription earlier in the year, do you get preferential rates at the other local courses ?
As we cannot get down again until the 1st week in June, I live in hope that the Course will be open again by then, if not, what advice can anybody give as to getting a decent Green Fee at the other courses, we used to use Golf Services when playing on the Costa Del Sol

I am trying to keep positive but to lose the Golf Club would be very disappointing as the first thing we did before looking at property was play the course to make sure we enjoyed it enough to be our home course

Fingers crossed
Old Apr 26th 2014, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri Villas

Originally Posted by Sandraphleb
As Sandra said a few days ago, we already feel at home in CE and look forward to exploring more of the area. We were about to join the Golf Club figuring we only needed to play 20 rounds a year each to make it pay, however, it seems we were lucky not to pay 1600 Euros
What about all of the Members who paid their subscription earlier in the year, do you get preferential rates at the other local courses ?
As we cannot get down again until the 1st week in June, I live in hope that the Course will be open again by then, if not, what advice can anybody give as to getting a decent Green Fee at the other courses, we used to use Golf Services when playing on the Costa Del Sol

I am trying to keep positive but to lose the Golf Club would be very disappointing as the first thing we did before looking at property was play the course to make sure we enjoyed it enough to be our home course

Fingers crossed
We arrived back from UK THE DAY THE WEST COURSE CLOSED. We were to be followed 5 days later by the keenest golfers in our family who were expecting to play a few rounds. What to do. Well there are the trespassers who creep on at one of a number of access points and play a few holes. But the answer is to consult your Pro. Chris Truter is still giving his lessons across the river at Q d V. He will also arrange reasonably priced rounds at the the nearest courses Q d V, Castro Marim and Isla Canela. There are also possibilities at the next nearest circle of courses in both Spain and Portugal so you only have to ask.
Old Apr 26th 2014, 7:48 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed
Hi Sandra and Munty

A year or so ago I started a thread on recommended golf courses around us, for a 'lads weekend' for friends coming from all over and wanting a few rounds as well as the usual debauchery one does.... Just in case you didn't see it:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789721

They found that looking at the websites for offers and and just calling cheekily asking for special offers often worked. I got them a cash-deal at CE. As a special 'end of trip' golf session - they played Monte Rei and absolutely loved it. By T-ing off before 09:30 they got a deal and a posh free lunch. I joined them for lunch and another 'party' afterwards, and the club gave me what was truly a 'free lunch' - even though I told them I didn't play.

V expensive but worth it if you can get a deal, in their case they had already invested to come from East/West coast USA and Holland so justified it that way! And Monte Rei do deals as well from time to time, one recently at a good discount. But LOADS to choose from as you will see in the link

Have fun
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 26th 2014 at 7:53 am.
Old Apr 26th 2014, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Fingers crossed

I'm over early May for a golf break with a couple of friends. We are playing Castro Marim for €53 each incl buggy (booked direct), El Rompido North for €49 excl buggy (booked via GreenFeesDirect) and Monte Rei for lots of €'s but imo worth every cent.
Quinta do Vale offered me a deal at €200 for three of us incl two buggies.
Played Quinta da Ria last time I was over and enjoyed it.

When I checked various green fee websites they all came in at around the same price.

So plenty to choose from, in close proximity, until Esuri re-opens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.