Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

I am amazed Jon if the prices for the townhouses have come down as low as this. Who are they selling them through? The Santander townhouses have gone UP in prices over the past 5-6 weeks! Nothing as low as that. Price now of these is however still lower than Fadesa want for an exchange for me (and I pay their debts - community fees!)

Maria has been helpful to me also - she is definitely an option.

Carol
Old Jun 24th 2009, 7:57 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
I am amazed Jon if the prices for the townhouses have come down as low as this. Who are they selling them through? The Santander townhouses have gone UP in prices over the past 5-6 weeks! Nothing as low as that. Price now of these is however still lower than Fadesa want for an exchange for me (and I pay their debts - community fees!)

Carol
There is a quite substantial list of townhouses on the market for under 100k
Old Jun 24th 2009, 8:44 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH

Carol
I think that Jon is not only referring to Costa Esuri but to the whole Huelva Province perhaps even Spain. Eg. Grupo BBVA: http://www.anida.es/anida/index.php?...emid=9&lang=en
Old Jun 24th 2009, 11:30 pm
UK and Tavira, Portugal

miacat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
There is a quite substantial list of townhouses on the market for under 100k
Where are these townhouses on sale? Seems a good deal to me!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 12:09 am
Banned

Ayamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant future

It is not BBVA that are selling them but Santander, I believe they are starting from 110/120k for a 2 bed. I think the agent they are using is Home & Fincas. I think the the headline price does not include outstanding community charges which have to be paid by the buyer.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 12:14 am
Banned

Ayamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant future

On the H & F website they are advertising 2 beds from 138k which if it includes outstanding charges, seems about right.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

Originally Posted by miacat
Some of the Caja Banks now have so much property from funding builders who have gone bust and repossions that they have set up selling departments and sell direct. They would be the cheapest since an agent would add at least 10% to the bank price as their cut so a €100k house becomes €110k and for what.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:21 am

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Will PM you once I get permission to pass on an email.

Originally Posted by Ayamontino
It is not BBVA that are selling them but Santander, I believe they are starting from 110/120k for a 2 bed. I think the agent they are using is Home & Fincas. I think the the headline price does not include outstanding community charges which have to be paid by the buyer.
A Brit businessman based in Ayamonte went to a BBVA auction about a month back and said the BBVA guy was fuming by the end as he could not reach the minimum of €105,000 given that there were private sales around him that were going for less.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:48 am
Bih
Just Joined

Bih is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Pfffffff! Christ, no. I am not an estate agent so really couldn't give you a price only what I know from associates. On plots - as I said to Dg - I really have no idea where they are at the moment re value. That said, it wouldn't take long to find out. Re other properties, it is unfair to give a 'one size fits all' valuation. In some cases the reduction is well over 50%, in others no. What is true is that there are so many properties on the market for under 100,000 €, it is hurting the rest of the area.

I recall you berating Costa Esuri residents for driving property prices up so that they became prohibitive for locals. Now that prices are coming down, Costa Esuri is responsible for hurting property values. You can't have it both ways. It seems you seize on any opportunity to paint Costa Esuri in the worst possible light even if you end up contradicting yourself. It doesn't do a lot for your credibility though.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

How about this for a headline:

"Fortaleza wins world cup"
FIFA have confirmed that Fortaleza will be one of the Host Cities for the 2014 World Cup

Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Bih
[/B][/COLOR]

I recall you berating Costa Esuri residents for driving property prices up so that they became prohibitive for locals. Now that prices are coming down, Costa Esuri is responsible for hurting property values. You can't have it both ways. It seems you seize on any opportunity to paint Costa Esuri in the worst possible light even if you end up contradicting yourself. It doesn't do a lot for your credibility though.
You misunderstand. Reading the reply in the context of the conversation that came before, you may be able to deduce that what I was saying was that people on Esuri who are looking to sell at a reasonable price (ie what they paid for it plus x%) are finding it difficult when other places are on the market for below what was paid (and then some). I did not say Costa Esuri is now hurting property values elsewhere. Why would it? Within the complex, if one is selling for say €150,000, whilst the neighbhours are selling for €100,000 then of course the latter will hurt the former.

That was understood by the people who were in the conversation. Pity you didn't take the time to do so yourself.

Also, "berating Costa Esuri residents for driving property prices up so that they became prohibitive for locals": whilst I can't recall word for word what I said given that it was a long time ago (2 years?), I think I was referring at the time to a growing resentment among Ayamontinos, particularly young ones, who found themeselves not only priced off the property ladder (and this is not just because of CE) but also work was becoming more difficult given that bars, restaurants, shops etc had started demanding a knowledge of English for work leading to local jobs going to people from other parts of Spain and Portugal who could fit the profile. I am neither young nor Ayamontino so it does not affect me. Does not stop the problem being there though
Old Jun 25th 2009, 4:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bih
[/B][/COLOR]

You do know he is a former newspaper editor, and they can spin things whichever way it suits
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ayamontino
You do know he is a former newspaper editor, and they can spin things whichever way it suits
Are you Spanish or just pretending ?
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Are you Spanish or just pretending ?
Don't bother JDR. How many times have we been here before? Unless you say the sun shines out of CE's arse and how wonderful and clever they all were for investing on such a 'magnificent' ghetto, we're on a hiding to nothing as we are simply arseholes who are just trying to wind them up. Never mind our collective experience JDR of nigh on 30 years, these guys know better. We knows nuffin and they knows it all!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:27 pm
UK and Tavira, Portugal

miacat is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Fortaleza - seems you are getting grief.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.