Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

Originally Posted by Loco
Jur,

Surely you aren't suggesting Chipi knows more than all of us put together

Best

Loco
You know Chipi then?

The Iberostar info came directly from the hotel, let´s hope that another chain will take over the Isla Canela one. Another Barcelo perhaps?
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough

Have not been on forum for a couple of years. We had paid large deposit on a plot and when MF went into Admin we went on list of creditors.

Had a good read of all threads and just wondered what CE looks like now and how are people finding living on CE?

Is is true that the eastern golf course is closed?

If somebody could post some up to date pictures it would be great.

We too could have been living in our our new villa by now but the best laid plans and all that .....

Is anybody building villas?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Dave & Lynn
Old Nov 28th 2010, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Shhh! If Alistair Darling reads this he'll slap a tax on it!
where have you been for the past 6 months? I think you mean George Osbourne!!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Graham G
where have you been for the past 6 months? I think you mean George Osbourne!!
As the post in question was made on the 1 November 2009; the question is more where have you been for the last year.

Steve
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

I visited CE on new years eve which was the first time since August 2009. A little bit of movement in villa building was observed but I could probably count on one hand the number of villas started in that period. Not scientific - just based on driving around. That ski slope villa past the shop is definitely not my cup of tea but each to his own. They are also digging out for a villa opposite the shop.

I spent about 10 minutes driving around, visited my plot, and then headed back to Portugal where I am staying. Portugal is also quiet on the construction front - although prices appear crazier than they were a few years back where I am staying which is very odd and I believe unsustainable. I'll fly back to the UK in a few days and probably will not visit for another year or two until things pick up. I nearly 'went for it' last time on the villa build but was disappointed for several reasons so kept my money in my pocket.

CE is still a great place and no doubt things will pick up at some point. However with the country bail-outs - Portugal and Spain will probably be next I do not think we are through the worst of it just yet.

Good luck to all concerned with CE. Have a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2011....
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

DianeC is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

Hi
Barry and I have had a house on Esuri for a few years now and I just wanted to ask a very quick, simple question. Can anyone tell me where I can buy feather pillows?? The Spanish and Portugese only seem to sell synthetic ones and after years of trying to get used to them, I'm deperate to get the 'real thing'! Obviously I could bring them from England but they would have to go in the hold and would add to the cost.

Many Thanks

Diane
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:31 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried Montserat? (Ayamonte center, opposite the Café de Indias)
Old Jan 4th 2011, 6:56 am
Just Joined

DianeC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks very much for that Jur. We're going over at the end of Feb so will try them then.

Also I've had a private message from John and Kath but the forum won't allow me access to it until I've made 3 posts. I then tried to open it in the open forum but I couldn't do that either. So please don't think me rude for not replying but if you send it again as an ordinary posting, I'll be able to read it on this site.

Thanks

Diane
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

Originally Posted by DianeC
Hi

Thanks very much for that Jur. We're going over at the end of Feb so will try them then.

Also I've had a private message from John and Kath but the forum won't allow me access to it until I've made 3 posts. I then tried to open it in the open forum but I couldn't do that either. So please don't think me rude for not replying but if you send it again as an ordinary posting, I'll be able to read it on this site.

Thanks

Diane
There are good reasons for using the PM system call me paranoid. jdr advocates that you do not advertise when you are away from your house either here in Esuri or UK. Now you can respond to this note and you will have 3 posts.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

christine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant future

At last we are completing this week on our Little Spanish Bolthole,we are visiting in Feb to begin the furnishing process, more apprehension than joy as it will be a completely new experience for us, but will give us chance to get used to driving abroad and also see the local area etc. Going to rent an apartment on CE while we are over sorting ours out and also play a bit of golf. We have always pre-booked golf prior to arrival when playing in Portugal and Isla Canela, is this necessary on CE? Any tips would be happily received also if any of you are around Feb Half term it would be lovely to put some faces to the names
Old Jan 6th 2011, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by christine.king57
At last we are completing this week on our Little Spanish Bolthole,we are visiting in Feb to begin the furnishing process, more apprehension than joy as it will be a completely new experience for us, but will give us chance to get used to driving abroad and also see the local area etc. Going to rent an apartment on CE while we are over sorting ours out and also play a bit of golf. We have always pre-booked golf prior to arrival when playing in Portugal and Isla Canela, is this necessary on CE? Any tips would be happily received also if any of you are around Feb Half term it would be lovely to put some faces to the names
Hi Christine,
Good luck on the completion am sure you will enjoy the whole experience,we did and never looked back.

As for the golf when your over at Esuri,there is a roll up each week open to everyone and chances are some one will sign you in to play,you can also purchase a yearly membership which gives you so many rounds at Esuri,and works out cheaper than paying daily to play. As for playing other courses I use Karl from golfinluz for all my golf deals,he lives in Ayamonte and tends to get some good rates.

Good luck Ken.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

christine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant future

Thank you Ken, I read about the roll-ups on one of the links, sounds like a nice way to meet people as well.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Christine

The Roll ups are on Monday and Friday. The first Tee is booked around 10.00 am, but you need to be by the Range about 30 to 40 minutes earlier. This is so the order of play can be sorted out.

Just confirm with the Pro shop about the Tee time because it does change depending on the time of year
Old Jan 6th 2011, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your help, we are so looking forward it and also hoping Jags is doing his winter sunday lunches as I have heard they are vey good
Old Sep 4th 2011, 6:04 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christine.king57
Thanks for all your help, we are so looking forward it and also hoping Jags is doing his winter sunday lunches as I have heard they are vey good
Aaaaah the good old times! Remember this wonderful thread?

Please see attached.... now I know where our builders got their training!! Open the attachment and just keep scrolling down

Hello from a warm CE - not too hot - not too cold. Weve had 2 days of rainy weather but today it gets back to Normal! Also there have been (surprisingly) hardly any mozzies! Only 1 bite in over a week. Thats good news.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Men can fix anything.pdf (645.8 KB, 237 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.