Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa del Sol ... Danger! Please be aware!

Costa del Sol ... Danger! Please be aware!

Old Sep 20th 2013, 11:16 am
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Costa del Sol ... Danger! Please be aware!

I feel compelled to advise my fellow expats of a very recent crime committed to a client of mine.

On returning from work she came across a child laying in the road. On thinking she´d come across a "hit n run" she stopped her car to attend.
When she was within range, the child jumped up and started kicking at her.
The child was joined by two men who appeared from the side of the road who each beat the poor lady so badly, she needed hospital care.
They made off with her jewellery leaving her laying in the road!

On hearing this I was sickened to my stomach. I have told my wife if she comes across such circumstances, drive past and call the Police!
I hope none of you suffer the same fait but please take what I´m saying, without there being any doubts in your minds, of how vicious these people are, and how very real and active this type of crime is.
Take the very best of care.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 3:07 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa del Sol ... Danger! Please be aware!

How horrible. They are relying on people caring enough to stop and help, sick.

Rosemary
Old Sep 20th 2013, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
How horrible. They are relying on people caring enough to stop and help, sick.

Rosemary
I have heard this before but I am not sure if it was in Spain or UK though.

Stealing and mugging is one thing but to beat the lady is quite another its shocking how some people can commit these crimes without caring.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold

I heard of it in Spain (not costa del sol, but I guess it could be gangs moving on and working the various coasts on unsuspecting tourists) to be honest, sadly I am so streetwise to scams etc in general I would be unlikely to stop for any such incident anywhere.

But I certainly wouldn't stop if I was in an unfamiliar environment - I would just be looking for a scam, probably a violent one. To me if a kid was lying in the middle if the road I would be looking for the car, bike it had been hit by or if nothing like that blood, something that says genuine accident if possible rather than 'set up'.

Sad state for the world to be in where decent people are now too cautious to help people for fear of being beaten into within an inch of their life
Old Sep 20th 2013, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennieJ
I heard of it in Spain (not costa del sol, but I guess it could be gangs moving on and working the various coasts on unsuspecting tourists) to be honest, sadly I am so streetwise to scams etc in general I would be unlikely to stop for any such incident anywhere.

But I certainly wouldn't stop if I was in an unfamiliar environment - I would just be looking for a scam, probably a violent one. To me if a kid was lying in the middle if the road I would be looking for the car, bike it had been hit by or if nothing like that blood, something that says genuine accident if possible rather than 'set up'.

Sad state for the world to be in where decent people are now too cautious to help people for fear of being beaten into within an inch of their life
What you have just said there though was the story I heard it was like a fake accident with so called blood etc, I am not sure if it was a child or girl in the road though, there has to be a car somewhere, i cant recall if the car was there before or not.

Like you I don't get out for no one, super paranoid I am, even think at times I am being followed here, lol
Old Sep 21st 2013, 12:24 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Like you I don't get out for no one, super paranoid I am, even think at times I am being followed here, lol
yeah these long legged blonde nymphos follow me too !!!
Old Sep 21st 2013, 6:13 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard this before but I am not sure if it was in Spain or UK though.

Stealing and mugging is one thing but to beat the lady is quite another its shocking how some people can commit these crimes without caring.
A friend of ours during a weekend trip to Malaga, was attacked buy someone who just hit him across the head, from behind, with a club of some kind, and then dragged into an alleyway. They took his stuff.

He woke up covered in blood and also scratched up from being dragged. He stumbled in the street then ambulance to hospital. He was lucky to be alive. It took months to recover fully

They didn't give him a chance to hand over his stuff, just hit him, not caring about his life.

As its a public forum I wont say which ethnic group was involved, cos someone will incorrectly say I am racist and we will go off topic.

But what an awful crime, if people didn't help my friend thinking that he was doing a scam - he could have died.

Also if there was a report of a Brit carelessly not helping a child that was really attacked he/she would be called a coward.

A very tricky situation, if I hadn't seen this thread, I would've stopped.

Though, the threat is enough for me to hand over my stuff.... no need to batter me, the thief gets his stuff.

Whats the world coming to

Jon
Old Sep 21st 2013, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
A friend of ours during a weekend trip to Malaga, was attacked buy someone who just hit him across the head, from behind, with a club of some kind, and then dragged into an alleyway. They took his stuff.

He woke up covered in blood and also scratched up from being dragged. He stumbled in the street then ambulance to hospital. He was lucky to be alive. It took months to recover fully

They didn't give him a chance to hand over his stuff, just hit him, not caring about his life.

As its a public forum I wont say which ethnic group was involved, cos someone will incorrectly say I am racist and we will go off topic.

But what an awful crime, if people didn't help my friend thinking that he was doing a scam - he could have died.

Also if there was a report of a Brit carelessly not helping a child that was really attacked he/she would be called a coward.

A very tricky situation, if I hadn't seen this thread, I would've stopped.

Though, the threat is enough for me to hand over my stuff.... no need to batter me, the thief gets his stuff.

Whats the world coming to

Jon
I take it that they weren't English or Spanish then ?

Maybe that's a way to stop the thought police from closing down free speech on here and calling anyone that mentions race of any kind in any context a Racist, even if they are reporting factual information. (Although of course you are then told you just got it wrong )
Old Sep 21st 2013, 9:44 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennieJ
I take it that they weren't English or Spanish then ?

Maybe that's a way to stop the thought police from closing down free speech on here and calling anyone that mentions race of any kind in any context a Racist, even if they are reporting factual information. (Although of course you are then told you just got it wrong )
No they were from a racial 'minority'... which in my mind excludes Spanish and English in this context....

Horrible story....
Old Sep 21st 2013, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Disclosing the ethnicity would not make it racist if the story is true.

The story I heard was on a BMW forum and a child was on the road and a lady waved down the driver, he got out and they stole his car.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 11:12 am
BE Positive

Disclosing the ethnicity would not make it racist if the story is true.

The story I heard was on a BMW forum and a child was on the road and a lady waved down the driver, he got out and they stole his car.
Maybe.... but you know how some people are!

In fact the ethnicity isn't the main subject,so I am avoiding posting it, its these awful crimes that are more important.... maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it... My friend took months to recover from this horror, which could have easily killed him.

Jon
Old Sep 21st 2013, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Maybe.... but you know how some people are!

In fact the ethnicity isn't the main subject,so I am avoiding posting it, its these awful crimes that are more important.... maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it... My friend took months to recover from this horror, which could have easily killed him.

Jon
Jon, please no you were right to mention it as was the OP, if it saves a life or a beating its very important, Its nice news but picking up the local rag (UK) or the CBN or similar also gives terrible stories.

Id rather it was out in the open on the web than just kept between friends