Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Del La Luz

Costa Del La Luz

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

32587horses is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Costa Del La Luz

My family and i are coming over to chiclana in April to see if we could live there full time and to check out property.

What are the main things that we should be wary of when looking at properties. I have heard a lot about illegal building and pink land but how do you know what is illegal! Are there any agents that people would specifically recommend. All help would be very much appreciated

Also veiws on what it is like to live out there, good supermarkets, good restruants etc

I would also like to know if there are many horse livery yards in the chiclana area and is it possible to buy horses of a non-spanish breed (not that i dont like them!)

All imput/help and suggestions would be appreciated, obvioulsy we are continuing to do our research and spanish lessons but local knowlege is worth its weight in gold sometimes. Thank you for reading my post.

Last edited by 32587horses; Jan 22nd 2007 at 5:35 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:06 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Del La Luz

Originally Posted by 32587horses
My family and i are coming over to chiclana in April to see if we could live there full time and to check out property.

What are the main things that we should be wary of when looking at properties. I have heard a lot about illegal building and pink land but how do you know what is illegal! Are there any agents that people would specifically recommend. All help would be very much appreciated

Also veiws on what it is like to live out there, good supermarkets, good restruants etc

I would also like to know if there are many horse livery yards in the chiclana area and is it possible to buy horses of a non-spanish breed (not that i dont like them!)

All imput/help and suggestions would be appreciated, obvioulsy we are continuing to do our research and spanish lessons but local knowlege is worth its weight in gold sometimes. Thank you for reading my post.
Hi

Do a search on Chiclana or electricity and you will find lots of information on illegal builds and illegal supplies of electricity.

It is really good to live out here, very good supermarkets, a great daily market in town and many restaurants.

Sorry, I can't help you with regard to the horses but there are lots of stables in this area.

Good luck with the move.

JJ
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 32587horses

My first piece of advice is DO NOT believe a word estate agents tell you and to check and check again everything for yourself if you are thinking about buying property in Chiclana.
The second is to research this forum throughly re Chiclana and you will find some excellent advice and help.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just sent you a pm on this subject, you may also find our site below (in my signature) useful.

Hasta luego
Zoe
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

GEEGEEGIRL is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Costa Del La Luz

Well said Miztipurr.
Don't forget that some some lawyers are rogues as well so be very careful unless they are recommended. The best advice I can give is to do as much research as you can and read as many threads as possible. Finally if in doubt just ask Glynis
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GEEGEEGIRL
Well said Miztipurr.
Don't forget that some some lawyers are rogues as well so be very careful unless they are recommended. The best advice I can give is to do as much research as you can and read as many threads as possible. Finally if in doubt just ask Glynis
THATS THE LAST PERSON TO ASK
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:17 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

If you are interested in a property asked to see the last electric bill, the original and check that the name on the bill matches the name of the person on the deeds and also that the address is correct.

We had a brilliant estate agent and I know of people who dealt with him I will PM you with the name.

Last edited by crispy; Jan 22nd 2007 at 9:32 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:29 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by crispygirl
If you are intreasted in a property asked to see the last electric bill, the original and check that the name on the bill matches the name of the person on the deeds and also that the address is correct.

We had a brilliant estate agent and I know of people who dealt with him I will PM you with the name.
Forgive bad spelling on previouse post. You could also make sure that the agents checks with the Endesa Office in Chiclana that all is place re the electric.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Forgive bad spelling on previouse post. You could also make sure that the agents checks with the Endesa Office in Chiclana that all is place re the electric.
The only sure way to make sure of the electric situation is for the buyer to take the number of the meter that is installed at the property they are thinking of buying to the local Endesa office. They will then check that meter is registered at that address.