Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Del Crime--------

Costa Del Crime--------

Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Costa Del Crime--------

The title of a new program on National Geographic channel monday evening. An eye opening look at the police operations, the crime barons and the newspapers that broke the stories. Should be an interesting prog with interivews from all of the above, why they fled to the Costa's from their own mouths, why the papers chased them and hunted them down from the editors mouths.

This is a new program about old crime from the 70's 80's and not the recently shown poor offering on terrestrial Brit tv.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:43 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Del Crime--------

May be worth a look.
It's at 9pm UK time, listed under Britains Underworld.

There's certainly no safe haven for them now down on the Costas with the recent successful campaign to round many of them up, which is still on-going.
I imagine most of them will now be shaking in their boots, virtually confined to their luxury villas, those that still have them, or else looking for another bolthole.
Maybe Zimbabwe would suit them very nicely.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:01 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I remember a funny one in my area a couple of years ago. The local expat newspaper put a photograph of wanted people on the front page and one of them was a well-known local publican whose photograph was in the newspaper twice, once as a wanted man on the front page, and again in later pages presenting a cheque to a local animal charity.

I don’t know what happened to him, but his pub was up for sale soon afterwards. I think he had shot someone in Liverpool a few years earlier.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HBG
I don’t know what happened to him, but his pub was up for sale soon afterwards. I think he had shot someone in Liverpool a few years earlier.
Yeah, I heard about this one too. Apparently when he was found living in Spain, he claimed that the guy he shot in Liverpool was a nonce. So, instead of arresting him, the police gave him an official commendation and a job as a senior officer in the police force. Great story.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
The title of a new program on National Geographic channel monday evening. An eye opening look at the police operations, the crime barons and the newspapers that broke the stories. Should be an interesting prog with interivews from all of the above, why they fled to the Costa's from their own mouths, why the papers chased them and hunted them down from the editors mouths.

This is a new program about old crime from the 70's 80's and not the recently shown poor offering on terrestrial Brit tv.
This one, from 2008 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGeaq7HFTXc
Part 2 : [ and oldie but a goodie ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Te4l...feature=relmfu

Another one :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1V5hInEE1A

DSB.

Last edited by bealerDSB; Mar 21st 2011 at 6:14 am.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:40 pm
Banned

JulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura about

I get really annoyed when the UK media keep on referring to the Costs Del Crime. On an every day basis reported crime is very low, much lower than comparable areas in UK.

The term, started to be used when the extradition treaty between UK and Spain lapsed, thus people wanted in UK could not be extradited and Spain was therefore a safe haven for them. The treaty was eventually signed and although those already here were still safe, new arrivals were not.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:03 pm
Banned

JulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
May be worth a look.
It's at 9pm UK time, listed under Britains Underworld.

:
Dick, I tuned in at 10 pm CET and had just missed it. It was 8 pm GMT.

Anyone know how I can view it, utube etc, or Iplayer (I can receive that here) ?
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:20 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Was a good programme. Nostalic to see the old Spain. They had old criminals going back to their old haunts. Winns bar was featured, knew it well because I had a relative who lived down the lane from it. Had some good times there in the 80's. If it got full people would pop home and bring some chairs. There would be a mix of people in, I remember the chairman of Findus frozen foods used to go in. Great British food and puddings too. Not the same now though
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 5:05 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JulianWard
Dick, I tuned in at 10 pm CET and had just missed it. It was 8 pm GMT.

Anyone know how I can view it, utube etc, or Iplayer (I can receive that here) ?
If you'd switched to Nat Geo plus 1, you'd have timed it just right.
Didn't realize myself it was on twice.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 5:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
If you'd switched to Nat Geo plus 1, you'd have timed it just right.
Didn't realize myself it was on twice.

Absolutely right Dick, I did not think of that. I never watch Nat Geog.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

We recorded it. But check the electronic program guide. Its sure to be repeated over the weekend, they ususally are.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Dave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant future

Anyone know how I can view it ??
thanks.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:58 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Dave n Dee
Anyone know how I can view it ??
thanks.
As with most of the stuff on the documentary section,there'll be so many repeats over the next year or so, that you'll probably soon be sick of the sight of it.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

sensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud of

I get really annoyed when the UK media keep on referring to the Costs Del Crime. On an every day basis reported crime is very low, much lower than comparable areas in UK.(SNIP)

yeh right,reported crime,it really gets my back up when i hear this,most grockles(holidaymakers) cant be assed to report petty crime and the crooks dont for fear of reprisals,keeps the crime figures down tho,ofc a lot of the brits that have probs that live here just stay silent when the stereo gets nicked from the car as the car is illegal,i could go on and tell you about the pentioners that come into the bar where my wife works,bruised and battered for 60 euros and a handbag loss,in the end most crime here is not reported so its low if that what you are daft enough to believe

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Mar 24th 2011 at 9:53 am. Reason: Remark removed
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 7:22 am
On the road again.

The British involvement in the Costa del Crime/Sol is probably a mere drop in the ocean.
The vast majority of all of the development which has taken place over the years in this area is said to have been done on the proceeds of organised crime, drug profits, dodgy dealing and black money.
Apparently one of the guys who was proved guilty of corruption on a massive scale had enough spare change to fund Real Madrid football team for many years.
It's little wonder that the actions of a few UK bank robbers and gangsters was generally ignored and thought to be no big deal for many years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.