Costa Brava

Old Jun 5th 2014, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Costa Brava

Would just like to know if there are any people who have a holiday home or permanently live in the Costa Brava? I find the place has so much to offer + the climate is more pleasant. I'm just surprised that you don't find too many Brits there (which could also be a good thing:-).

Last edited by Moses2013; Jun 5th 2014 at 11:48 am.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Brava

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Would just like to know if there are any people who have a holiday home or permanently live in the Costa Brava? I find the place has so much to offer + the climate is more pleasant. I'm just surprised that you don't find too many Brits there (which could also be a good thing:-).
So, it seems I was right.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 2:25 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

So, it seems I was right.
I was interested in this post, and keep coming back to have a look for responses. I guess they too busy in the PDT to respond!
Old Jun 9th 2014, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mallory
I was interested in this post, and keep coming back to have a look for responses. I guess they too busy in the PDT to respond!
I was hoping to get more response here, but it actually does look like most Brits don't consider the Costa Brava.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Strange, I thought many British lived there, whether it be part or full time maybe they frequent a more forum if there is such a thing.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Strange, I thought many British lived there, whether it be part or full time maybe they frequent a more forum if there is such a thing.
It doesn't seem to be the case, as I haven't seen too many. Most people only know Malgrat de Mar, Lloret de Mar, as a party place for young people and then Blanes, but even those places have so much more to offer than the Costa Blanca. You have great walks along the coast and don't have these oversized developments (like Benidorm etc.). The residential areas around the main resorts are all well maintained and there are plenty of other places including the popular Tossa de Mar, or Roses.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

The Costa Brava is too expensive for Brits in Spain. The weather is also not as good as further South

The Costa Brava is way superior than its southern equivalents in terms of the scenary, little beaches, villages, culture and food.

Although Lloret del Mar was one of the first mass market resorts, the rest of the coast doesn't feel mass market at all, it feels exclusive and special
Old Jun 9th 2014, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cricketman
The Costa Brava is too expensive for Brits in Spain. The weather is also not as good as further South

The Costa Brava is way superior than its southern equivalents in terms of the scenary, little beaches, villages, culture and food.

Although Lloret del Mar was one of the first mass market resorts, the rest of the coast doesn't feel mass market at all, it feels exclusive and special
I wouldn't really say too expensive. We have a place in the area and couldn't afford similar further south. Sure, you don't get the high temperatures, but still plenty of sun.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't really say too expensive. We have a place in the area and couldn't afford similar further south. Sure, you don't get the high temperatures, but still plenty of sun.
I was looking around Calella de palafrugell a few years ago and the house prices were eye watering, something like half a million euros for a 2 bed

And there were lots of very nice cars parked around
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

All those little coastal villages like Tamariu and LLafranc are great for summer holidays, but I doubt much goes on there out of season. They are certainly places where I'd consider having a second home, if I were that way inclined and if I had the money. But I couldn't see myself spending most of the year there. I think prices are slightly inflated because of the exclusivity of the area and its proximity to France/Barcelona.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chopera
All those little coastal villages like Tamariu and LLafranc are great for summer holidays, but I doubt much goes on there out of season. They are certainly places where I'd consider having a second home, if I were that way inclined and if I had the money. But I couldn't see myself spending most of the year there. I think prices are slightly inflated because of the exclusivity of the area and its proximity to France/Barcelona.
You can certainly get plenty of apartments under 60K and smaller Villas in nice residential areas for under 150K. Of course there are several expensive areas like Calella de palafrugell too.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

You can certainly get plenty of apartments under 60K and smaller Villas in nice residential areas for under 150K. Of course there are several expensive areas like Calella de palafrugell too.
I doubt if you'll get a villa near the sea for less than 150K. Once you go inland then it's the same story all over Spain: property is cheaper and there are fewer expats.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chopera
I doubt if you'll get a villa near the sea for less than 150K. Once you go inland then it's the same story all over Spain: property is cheaper and there are fewer expats.
Well depends what you mean with near. You obviously won't get a front row villa, but 10km from the sea is certainly still possible. Apartments however aren't more expensive and with a sea view is certainly possible under 100K
Old Jun 12th 2014, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Apedrape is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, me and my family are planning to move to the costa brava from the uk. We find the area one of the nicest in Spain.
All I need to do now is find a job and we will be over.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Apedrape
All I need to do now is find a job and we will be over.
You make it sound so easy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.