Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cost of living in Spain

Cost of living in Spain

Old Oct 23rd 2015, 10:38 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of living in Spain

Volcanic islands (and the sand) are usually lovely. Not sure why that would be a bad thing. But I suppose if all you're looking for is Blackpool 20 degrees warmer, then it might not suit your fancy.
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 10:43 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wilsman77
they filmed Planet of The Apes there, says it all really..........
Exactly.
It helps demonstrate just how diverse the various environments on the islands truly are.

As regards beaches, take your pick, with quite a variety of both yellow sand and volcanic sand beaches.

I'm not one for lazing around much on beaches myself, but I did find the sand on volcanic beaches has the big advantage being very easy to brush off in a matter of seconds in comparison to yellow sand which seems to stick in every nook and cranny.

Oh, and as for the colour of the sand, that didn't bother me much either,
..........especially in the middle of the night.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Oct 23rd 2015 at 10:56 am. Reason: Add on
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 10:52 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
That is actually just a myth.
One Million years BC (1966) and the 2010 version of Clash of the Titans were filmed in the Teide National Park, Tenerife.
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

wilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Volcanic islands (and the sand) are usually lovely. Not sure why that would be a bad thing. But I suppose if all you're looking for is Blackpool 20 degrees warmer, then it might not suit your fancy.
Las Americas makes Blackpool look like the height of gracious living in comparison.
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

wilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond repute

McDonalds is a luxury eat out in Tenerife…
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 11:31 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by wilsman77
Las Americas makes Blackpool look like the height of gracious living in comparison.
Your lack of knowledge never fails to astound me.

Las Americas is representative of only a tiny fraction of the Island of Tenerife which has a wonderfully diverse environment, spectacular scenery, as well as its own micro-climates and also its own rain forest,
but if you never got further than L.A. then I don't imagine you'd ever be aware of that.

The down market area of Las Americas itself is only representative of a limited area of that particular small region, Costa Adele, which also encompasses some excellent upmarket accomodation and modern developments.
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dick, I am only kidding. The islands are fantastic just a shame I could never afford a holiday home there, although the 4 hour flight from LGW is a bit much for me. 2 hours 20 mins to Murcia for me…