Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cost of Living for a Family in Barcelona

Cost of Living for a Family in Barcelona

Old Sep 22nd 2015, 9:42 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Living for a Family in Barcelona

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
What families? Statics show that in Spain marriage are down and divorce rates are up. Which is said to be normal in a financial crisis.
A trend that I have noticed is that couples live together for many years until they decide to have a baby and then they marry before embarking on parenthood.

Many houses have three or four generations living in it so very often even the very low paid are not so badly off as they might have been if they were more independent of their families.

Rosemary
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

tabbicat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EagleExpat
OP here, Thank you very much for your replies. Having read your replies, it is obvious that the job my friend was trying to get for me will not be adequate. Barcelona was never my first choice for my family, but considering my dire financial circumstances, I need to consider every option. Fortunately I have found a solution. We are moving to a small town in Sussex near my parents. They can look after the little one and, while I will have a very long commute, I can still keep my current job. Thank you for your advice. It has been very helpful.
Hope it works out for you. I think you've made the right decision to move closer to relatives. That's how many families cope in Spain - with grandparents helping out. Perhaps this thread should be closed now...
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 3:45 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Cricketman, I agree with you that there are some members on this forum who love to go against the flow and keep tying to prove their point even if the facts are against them. It is members like that who stop newcomers (and some old timers) from posting good/useful information.