Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

cost of electric

cost of electric

Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future
Default cost of electric

Hi to all
Have villa in Moraira area, have just paid electric bill for 2 months whilst empty, only pool pump and filter on say 2 hours per day 150 euros, is that correct amount?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cost of electric

Originally Posted by bil8999
Hi to all
Have villa in Moraira area, have just paid electric bill for 2 months whilst empty, only pool pump and filter on say 2 hours per day 150 euros, is that correct amount?
No way, you are probably paying a few of your neighbours bills too.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

pool pump is 1 kw max so 2 kwhrs per day at 15c per kwhr.

standing charge for 9kw supply is c 25e per month.

looks a bit high! make sure it isn't estimated though - or if its a true read the prior bill was probably a low estimate.

good luck
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:29 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil8999
Hi to all
doesn't sound right

since the ruling about monthly bills, Iberdrola are taking a reading one month & estimating the next, but you should be getting monthly bills

it sounds like this is the estimated one, which I believe they base on the previous year's consumption

were you there this time last year?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I have had problems with endesa as I am not at my house permanent yet. I pay approx 11 euros per month few cents over. When I check my bills on line having registered they are all estimado, in July I got an actual bill which was 70 odd euros. It appears that I pay the standing charge every month and pay my electric in July. Last time I was over I took an actual reading to submit online, but as the actual reading is below the estimado reading (which is the same every month) I can not submit it, it has to be an higher reading to submit. So it may be similar for you I am waiting for July August to see what happens.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Our last bill for two months supply was 59€ and the only thing running in the house (which has been empty) is the fridge/freezer! AND, since the introduction of the monthly billing we have never received a bill.

It used to be the case the electricity bill was shown on our bank statement but that has all stopped now, we just see 59€ going out of the account every month or two.

Last edited by Bri and Katee; Mar 30th 2010 at 11:15 am.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 11:35 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

We have a two bed apartment, our bill is around 45€`s a month in the winter now, it used to be around 70€`s for 2 months before.
We have loads of electric stuff that is used most of the time.
42 Plasma TV
22 plasma TV
2 PC`s
Kettle
Fridge freezer
Wii
Play station
Music center
Lights etc.

Spoiler:
Please don`t think of robbing us as the mad axeman lives here.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

We are billed every two months. Last two bills were for around 350 euros each. Two TVs, dishwasher (now used on Sundays only!), electric cooker range, American style fridge/freezer, chest freezer and one 2kw heater - where am I going wrong with the price of our electricity?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 6:34 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by battlezone123
We are billed every two months. Last two bills were for around 350 euros each. Two TVs, dishwasher (now used on Sundays only!), electric cooker range, American style fridge/freezer, chest freezer and one 2kw heater - where am I going wrong with the price of our electricity?
That is a lot. Get in contact with your supplier and ask them to open an inspection, you may find you're paying for someone elses electric.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

if you think you are paying for yr neighbours electricity try shutting off the main fuse box & watch the meter, if it stops too you are ok.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poolboy
if you think you are paying for yr neighbours electricity try shutting off the main fuse box & watch the meter, if it stops too you are ok.
Yes we have already done that. We seem to get our meter read about once a year. The bill for 28/10/2009 to 28/12/2009 reads:

Base 2,318kWh
Precio 11.4730 cents/kWh

Total with IVA 342.23
Total without IVA 265.94

When I look at the history of use it seems they read the meter in August because the electric use for two months goes down from about 2,500 kWh to about 500kHw. So basically I am paying 5 x 350 euros and 1 x 90 euros. This still works out to about 154 euros a month which seems alot.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by battlezone123
Yes we have already done that. We seem to get our meter read about once a year. The bill for 28/10/2009 to 28/12/2009 reads:

Base 2,318kWh
Precio 11.4730 cents/kWh

Total with IVA 342.23
Total without IVA 265.94

When I look at the history of use it seems they read the meter in August because the electric use for two months goes down from about 2,500 kWh to about 500kHw. So basically I am paying 5 x 350 euros and 1 x 90 euros. This still works out to about 154 euros a month which seems alot.
Have you had the meter checked?