Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Correct order to do things when we arrive in October?

Wikiposts

Correct order to do things when we arrive in October?

Old Aug 22nd 2012, 10:30 am
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice
Default Re: Correct order to do things when we arrive in October?

Originally Posted by HBG
You seem to know roughly what's required, but don't get too stressed out over it, you've got plenty of time. Nobody in authority is going to chase you for anything, you'll find that they're not really interested in you being there at all.

Buying a car isn't a problem, but the silly high prices are and it's best to shop around as much as you can. I would recommend living close to everything you need, and with the areas you're considering that shouldn't be a problem.

(I'm pleased you changed your mind about living in some crumbling desert urbanisation in Murcia).
My concern isn't so much to do with anybody chasing us it's more to do with us being able to do what we need to. Buy a car, as we dont want to have to hire one indefinitely (we've got one organised for a month) and register for health care as we are both on regular medication. We will have sufficient meds to last for the first 10 weeks of so.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 10:57 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to think about finding a good doctor (GP), dentist and chemist? Be sure you know where the nearest first aid facility and hospital is and how to call ambulance, fire, police should the need arrise.

Don't forget your EHIC cards.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 9:47 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice

Originally Posted by missile
You might want to think about finding a good doctor (GP), dentist and chemist? Be sure you know where the nearest first aid facility and hospital is and how to call ambulance, fire, police should the need arrise.

Don't forget your EHIC cards.
Thank you for that, all good advice.

Neither of us has a serious ailment, just the standard meds for our age group. Between us we take Ramipril, Adalat and Simvastatin and I think I've read before that we could probably get some or all of these without prescription in Spain, if we did run out before getting registered.

EHICs live in our purse/wallet permanently along with blood donor cards and photo driving licences, all in case of emergencies.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 9:51 pm
Retired and in Spain

Originally Posted by cymruambyth
Not too sure if the procedure has changed, but a few years ago you would have to register your S1 forms with the INSS Office in Orihuela. They keep a copy and stamp up/sign the other and return it to you. You then take this signed/stamped copy to register at your local health centre.
If we were to rent somewhere in the area covered by either Rojales ayuntimiento or Benijofar (I think there is one there), is Orihuela the INSS office we would need to use and do you mean in Orihuela town rather than costa?
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Library Ticket
If we were to rent somewhere in the area covered by either Rojales ayuntimiento or Benijofar (I think there is one there), is Orihuela the INSS office we would need to use and do you mean in Orihuela town rather than costa?
Not too sure about Rojales or Benijofar, as we now live in Las Alpujarras, but when we lived in Villamartin we had to take our S1 Forms to the INSS in Orihuela town, not Orihuela Costa Town Hall by the police station (where we did our Padron and Residencia - both very simple processes)
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 2:28 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Go to your Ayuntamiento, they will advise what to do and where to go to register for SIP cards. I believe you can register at the first aid centre in Rojales.

Keep the package for any prescription medications you currently take. Present those at the Farmacia and they will give you the same or equivalent. At least the one I use does. The staff in the one on the main Street in Benijofa are very helpful.

I believe Rojales is in the catchment for new Torrieveja hospital, http://www.torrevieja-salud.com/ you do not want to be in catchment area for Veja Baja http://www.dep21.san.gva.es/deporihuela/?page_id=9. If you are private San Jamie is very nice.

Last edited by missile; Aug 23rd 2012 at 2:35 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 4:26 am
Retired and in Spain

Go to your Ayuntamiento, they will advise what to do and where to go to register for SIP cards. I believe you can register at the first aid centre in Rojales.

Keep the package for any prescription medications you currently take. Present those at the Farmacia and they will give you the same or equivalent. At least the one I use does. The staff in the one on the main Street in Benijofa are very helpful.

I believe Rojales is in the catchment for new Torrieveja hospital, http://www.torrevieja-salud.com/ you do not want to be in catchment area for Veja Baja http://www.dep21.san.gva.es/deporihuela/?page_id=9. If you are private San Jamie is very nice.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7191/6...184b723cba.jpg
Good, Benijofar or more specifically Benimar is where we hope to be.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 4:44 am
Started off with nothing

A very good choice, I hope you enjoy. When are you moving in?
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 4:49 am
Retired and in Spain

A very good choice, I hope you enjoy. When are you moving in?
When we find a long term rental, hopefully a Maite style house.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 5:04 am
Started off with nothing

When we find a long term rental, hopefully a Maite style house.
I have no idea what a Maite style house is?
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 6:00 am
Retired and in Spain

I have no idea what a Maite style house is?
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-...-23581566.html

Only we want to rent long term not to buy.